Ruger metal framed 22s showed up

Help Support Ruger Forum:

codebreaker

Single-Sixer
A bunch of new Ruger Mark IV metal framed 22 LRs showed up at my local gun store yesterday. Blue and stainless targets with and without threaded barrels. Mark IV tactical. Mark IV Hunter. I guess Ruger finally made some metal frames again. They have been almost nonexistent for awhile.

codebreaker

Single-Sixer
They were at H and H shooting sports in Oklahoma City. The stainless Target with a threaded barrel was $669. That was the only one I paid attention to price on. I'm just speculating that maybe they'll start showing up other places too.

jimd441

Blackhawk
Help me understand "metal framed". I have a Mark IV Target stainless. The frame is metal, stainless I believe. Aren't they all metal?

Thanks,

Jim

NikA

Buckeye
I think he's referring to the metal grip frame (like your gun) as opposed to the plastic one on the 22/45. Plenty of 22/45s available over the past year, not so many traditional Mark IVs.

ETA: I find 670+tax to be too much for a Ruger 22 that isn't a limited edition. Too many comparable options out there for me to consider an out-the-door price much over 500.