Single 7 .327 BirdsHead

Help Support Ruger Forum:

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Sometimes when "fishing" (as G2 said) it helps to mention your location. You can always simply add it to your profile and never have to deal with it again.
Always easier to break one loose if it's a painless FTF for someone somewhat local.
Also, a simple FYI as you decide what will work for you.
Ruger seems to make the single7s in 7 shots while the 32mags come in 6 shots.
Can't say why.
As a simple thought about 327 versus 32 mag.
From day one I loved the 32mag. platform. But when 327 launched with lots of hoopla I promptly ditched the 32mags and converted solely to 327s.
I mean, who needed 32H&R anymore. It was doomed to die and indeed it had some dark days. Then strangely I and many others rediscovered the better balance of use possible with the shorter round. It is capable of mild to wild and can get very close to the very VERY wild the 327 brings to the table.
Sure a 327 CAN be downloaded and sure if you don't mind crud rings it can shoot 32mags but why bother ?
Seems to me that the 32 mag outperforms the 327 for plinking, range shooting and basic utility shooting especially with shorter barreled guns.
My 327s only get pressed into service when I want heavy bullet, high pressure, long barrel, set your hair on fire, know your shootin a real gun fun.
But that's just me.

Green Frog

Single-Sixer
A big part of chambering a revolver in 327 is the variety of calibers that it can then handle. Trying to get the most out of it without adjustable sights seems like it would be frustrating. Just sayin'

Keep in mind that my Ruger in 327 is a stainless Blackhawk eight shooter, so I have solid reasons for my opinion.

Froggie

contender

Ruger Guru
" Trying to get the most out of it without adjustable sights seems like it would be frustrating."

Understood.

However,, I too have the 8 shot Blackhawk,, as well as a Single-Seven,, along with their cousins in .32 mag Single-Six.
It all comes down to what USES a person has for the gun/caliber combo.
I've used mine to shoot mostly 32 mag & 327 in general,, and that includes out to 100 yds. By using the same bullet (sometimes,) and powders,, my adjustments can be easily calculated between the two.
Now if I were planning on a serious hunt,, I'd use just one caliber of ammo,, and make sure I know what it's doing at various distances prior to hunting.
If I'm paper punching,, it's fun to put a target out at 50 yds,, use .327 and fire a group. Then switch down to 32 mag,, fire a group, then switch down to 32 long & do the same. Try it,, it can be fun & interesting.

Green Frog

Single-Sixer
Sounds like we're "cut from the same cloth." With your stable of 32s I can understand the desire to go for a specific, niche revolver. I have a little S&W 32 snubbie for a very similar reason. Carry on! :mrgreen:

Froggie