LC9s?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

The LC9s is my EDC and I am very happy with this pistol. My son-in-law has applied for his concealed carry license and asked me for recommendations as to what pistol he should buy, and I recommended the LC9s. When I went to look at the current list price on the Ruger website I could not find this gun at all, only the cheaper EC9s that I know nothing about. Does Ruger still make and sell the LC9s? If not, is the EC9s a good choice? Otherwise I will tell him to consider a Glock 26.

hittman

Staff member
I "think" the only difference is the EC9 has more of a plain Jane finish like cerekote.

Regardless, I'd steer him to a Glock 43.

unionprez

Single-Sixer
The EC9s has an integrated sight in the rail and the LC9s has a 3 dot drift adjustable sight, I carry a LC9s and it's a great cc gun, very accurate. You can still get them, just google LC9s for sale and you will find options, good luck.

mac66

Single-Sixer
Rural King has some LC9s listed. The only one in stock at this time is this one.

https://www.rkguns.com/ruger-lc9s-with-hi-viz-sights-9mm-7rd-3-12-pistol-3270.html

When my brother got his carry permit last summer I found him a used LC9s on a local gun forum pretty cheap. The one I found for him had never been carried and rarely shot.

grand_cru

Bearcat
As far as I can tell Ruger still makes the LC9S--I just bought one today from my local Basspro for $349. It has some nice sights on it--fiber-optic sights--two reds in back and a green one in front. I think this is a pretty good buy. Will take it to the range tomorrow to see how well my weary eyes can take advantage of the sights.

Mike J

Hunter
If anyone is interested I just noticed today that Palmetto State Armory has the EC9s for $259.99.

Latest posts