LC9s slide locking open randomly when shooting?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

midwayhey

Bearcat
My LC9s all of a sudden started locking the slide back randomly, while I still have rounds in the magazine. I've tried everything I can think of, it keeps doing it.

My first thought was that I was pushing the slide release up with my grip. This is not the case. It does it even with my thumb all the way down. I also had someone else try it, and they had the same issue. I also know I'm not limp wristing it.

Next, I tried all my mags. All my 7 round factory mags, 9 round factory mags, and even my promag. No dice.

I tried all sorts of ammo with no luck. I also took it apart and cleaned it well.

I don't know what to do here, I'm heart broken. I really liked that gun, and it's my only practical handgun. Would I be able to send this to Ruger, or would a gunsmith be able to fix it? Perhaps there's a part that need to be replaced?

boxersdrule

Bearcat
My Max 9 did the same thing. Take out the trigger assembly. The slide stop came loose off the trigger assembly. Reassemble making sure all is well by dry firing snap caps.

Old RugerFan

Bearcat
Midwayhey, did boxersdrule's suggestion solve your issue? I'm interested in this because my daughter carries an LC9sPro when she's out with my grandchildren, and God forbid she ever has to use it I don't want her to find it locked back at the worst possible moment! If that suggestion didn't solve it, I would send it back to Ruger — they'll figure it out.