Security Six Stainless MORE PICS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

got2hav1

Bearcat
Over the years I have acquired several of these old Rugers and somehow never keep them. I recently won this one and should have it in a few days. Not the best photos but I think it can be cleaned up. I really do like how they look and shoot. Reminds me of the S&W 66 snubbies, but more heavy duty.
I'll post up the cleaned up version when I get it in hand. I know you guys are big fans of these as well. :D

Zebraranger

Single-Sixer
Well thats one nice win. Looks just like one of mine, I have the 2-3/4" with a T grip and a 4" version which is my regular shooter.
And I agree, heavy duty, like little tanks.

got2hav1

Bearcat
Zebra, I hope mine looks that good in person. Well done. How do you like the grip adapter with the factory stocks? I looked them up already planning to do the same thing. A T8 I believe is the correct one.

got2hav1

Bearcat
Many years ago my nephew was a deputy in our small NC town. They had some surplus speed six revolvers for sale. Poor as dirt , I didn't have the funds then but always harbored a desire for a speed six. Love the stags and the grip adapter, the perfect look.

I've got a blue Police Service Six .38 w/2 3/4"bbl. and square butt. My favorite Ruger handgun--controllable and still compact. Also has the best factory fixed sights of any stock DA revolver I've found.

got2hav1

Bearcat
I had at one time a S&W Model 10 and 15. The 10 of course had fixed sights and the 15 had adjustable sights. I shot the Model 10 better. So I would have no problem owning a Service Six . I do prefer the SS versions over the blue though !

got2hav1

Bearcat
I live near Greenville NC now. I grew up in Columbia on the Albemarle sound and the Scuppernong river.

hittman

Staff member
4U4vxTVh.jpg

iqhMNhoh.jpg

got2hav1

Bearcat
Hittman, that's a nice pair . The first two are early models also aren't they?

got2hav1

Bearcat
Missed one a couple of weeks ago. Gentleman in Roxboro NC had a beautiful 6" with yellow box. I made an offer but he wanted more. Next day it was gone. Don't see many around here for sale 4 or 6 variety.

got2hav1

Bearcat
Just got my Security Six in. Tried to look up the serial number on the Ruger site with no results. What year would this be 159-60XXX? Thanks for the help.

Latest posts