Security Six Stainless MORE PICS

Help Support Ruger Forum:

got2hav1 said:
Just got my Security Six in. Tried to look up the serial number on the Ruger site with no results. What year would this be 159-60XXX? Thanks for the help.

Shipped 1983, most likely.

Ruger has kind of hidden the charts, but they're still on their site.

got2hav1

Bearcat
Better photos , cleaned up nicely still has a few bumps and bruises but functions great. On my trigger guage I got 10 lbs in DA and 4.5 lbs in SA 8)

got2hav1

Bearcat
I had a chance to shoot it some today. No issues at all. 148 gr. wadcutters. Shoots nice. Put about 25 rounds through it all in a fist size group. Happy with the purchase.

contender

Ruger Guru
!59-60xxx would be a 1983 according to the RENE Guide. (It's more accurate than even the factory site sometimes.)

Nice ones there.

got2hav1

Bearcat
Contender, thanks for verification on the date. I did eventually find it on the Ruger site.

P94/GP100

Single-Sixer
Mine with a set of Trausch grips, a Millett Orange Bar front sight, and a new Ruger white outline rear sight, hand-polished with Mother's Mag Polish:

SaYcth4h.jpg

ypaj29Uh.jpg

Best, Jon

MinorLV

Ruger Six Series and DA Collector
Sweet Sixes gentlemen!

I love the Trausch grips…they are hard to find.

mac66

Single-Sixer
My first duty gun was a Security Six 4" Stainless which I bought in 1977. Eventually sold it but always wanted another one. I eventually traded a S&W 645 I picked up in another trade for a 2 /34" one last spring. I traded it to a retired deputy who had polished it and did a trigger job on it. It has a really slick trigger, though I'm not thrilled with the shiny surface but that can be fixed.

I need to get one of those Tyler T grips

Redhawk41

Bearcat
Here are my Six series. 4-5 years ago this 1975 vintage 4-inch stainless showed up at a LGS so I asked to look at it simply out of habit without any intention to buy. Upon realizing what an amazing trigger it had, however, I couldn't bring myself to leave the shop without buying it, especially considering the price which was well under 4 bills. I'm not sure what the DA trigger weight is, but the SA breaks at 1lb 12oz! As good or better than ANY of my S&W's even though that's sorta hard for me to accept. :? It came with a hard nylon Hogue Monogrip, and while I personally wouldn't have polished the gun or installed the PolyChokes rail it grew on me and I really enjoy the unique look. The nylon grip had to go, though, and was replaced with this Hogue Hardwoods.
The 1979 snubbie was an Armslist find from a local guy 2 years ago. It is almost mint with only a hint of muzzle wear and included the original grips, a set of Herrett Shooting Stars and cheap, no-name rubbers. After selling the (ugly, IMO) Herretts to someone who wanted them more than I did, my total investment ended up only being $335. Try finding one now at that price!

wagsfn

Bearcat
My 1982 Ruger Security Six stainless steel Big Grip. It's one of my best looking revolvers I own. Had it 3 years now and still haven't fired it. I guess it's a safe queen.

2qCZQACh.jpg

25n6p3ph.jpg

WUq5BPR.jpg

Latest posts