SCAM WARNING - ROGERTHAT - BANNED!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sendin007

Single-Sixer
WARNING - Do not do any transactions with ROGERTHAT. He is part of a scam operation that is taking money orders for guns he does not have!!! Moderators have been informed of this issue.

06dilly

Single-Sixer
Thank you! My spidey sense was right!

I made a back up PM on his supposed Colt Lawman and got this reply:
"I have two more just like it in my collection, I could let you have one and keep the last one for myself if you're still interested. Let me know.
I collected lots of Colt and S&W in the 90's and early 2000's. I hunt a lot on focused mainly on ELR shooting. Do keep me posted."

It did not smell right so I just stopped replying. Several things in that reply were weird. Keep the creeps out!

Thanks!
TomD

Sendin007

Single-Sixer
Exactly!! I got the very same reply on the Lawman when I asked. Police in Ponca City OK have been notified about this.

As noted in the posted rules . . .

We have noted instances where bad results have occurred when an email address or telephone number is posted openly in an advertisement. Scammers abound. We recommend that all initial contacts between sellers and buyers be made via the PM system where contact information can be exchanged securely.

Sendin007 said:
All my correspondence's with ROGERTHAT was through PM's on this forum!

Still the safest bet here. Thanks for your warning.

Further from the rules . . .

Sell and buy at your own risk...There have been several reports of a scam artist wanting to send payments a-la Nigerian email scam. Use common sense and follow up with your buyer and seller. If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. We suggest strongly that if you do sell anything of value or transact a firearm that you contact the person directly before you proceed.

Ya just cannot be too careful. :roll:

Here is info on yet another scammer from another forum I spend time on.

This guy uses Fafluw as a user name.

I have been hunting for some hard to find Millet sights for a Redhawk. He sent me a PM saying he had 2 of them for $100. Sounded too good to be true. I asked for details and his reply was to please send my mailing/shipping info. I asked for some pics so I could make sure they were correct and included all the tiny parts. He sent me 2 photos that I have posted on another forum. He had joined/registered on the forum that day and had zero posts. Pretty certain 3 strikes is an out---so I just quit responding. Be careful out there!

Win64

Single-Sixer
DId a deal with this ROGERTHAT for a nickel 19, 2.5 with the box. No contact after 3 days and then I see the warning up on this site. WARNING, this guy is a fake and a fraud.

Chalk up another one. He contacted me about a gun I was looking for last month, details finalized and payment sent and no contact, phone numbers disconnected etc. I have emailed and PMed and we will see if there is any answer.

Sendin007

Single-Sixer
Sorry to hear he got you to!! Contact the Ponca City OK police dept about it. There have been several others that he has cheated! Their number is - 580-767-0370

He needs to be stopped ASAP.

Zeus

Blackhawk
I'd love to know if he is focused on ELR shooting. Maybe he will inadvertently show up someday to a match I'm at 😜

Sendin007

Single-Sixer
Update - Multiple fraud victims have placed complaints against this scammer with the Ponca City OK. police dept. and the case has been forwarded over to the Kay County District Attorney's Office for pending charges. I am also contacting my local postal service to place a complaint of fraud against this person on the federal level as well.

tunnug

Single-Sixer
I just saw his ad here, why is he not banned?

https://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=297118

Thanks, Robb. Please do not reveal any names or addresses here. If the fella turns out to be a crook, we'll just ban him. If he's innocent but somehow incommunicado we don't want to cause him further trouble. Stuff happens.

Ale-8(1) said:
Thanks, Robb. Please do not reveal any names or addresses here. If the fella turns out to be a crook, we'll just ban him. If he's innocent but somehow incommunicado we don't want to cause him further trouble. Stuff happens.

Just what I passed on to you via PM Sir.
Robb

Robb Barnes said:
Ale-8(1) said:

Just what I passed on to you via PM Sir.
Robb

Received and noted, Robb. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.