Ruger No.1 caliber wish list

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I know this topic has been discussed numerous time. I am just curious what other calibers other people would like to see.
I am still waiting for a 1-A 24" in 35 Rem.
I already have a RSI and a K-1B that I had re-barrelled to 35 Rem. I got tired of waiting for Ruger.

RSIno1

Hunter
I don't care about caliber. I prefer the common ones that appeal to a larger audience.
My wish list consists of a 308 Stainless RSI with a gray laminate stock. That would be a great all weather gun.

Single-Sixer
As I have mentioned before, a 23 inch barreled 1S in 348 Winchester with a white bead front sight and red decelerator recoil pad. The perfect rifle for the way I hunt.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
With perhaps passing up on the .30-30, I have all the #1 chamberings I really have a desire for since the .300 H&H's came home. If anything...I'd like that rimfire one. I have the host for one if I ever get my motivation up to get it sent in and reworked.

Good to see another from Maine too!

eastbank

Single-Sixer
mine was a 35 whelen and when they came out i got one right away, also a .460 S&W with a 22" barrel that i got as soon as they came out.

.30-40 Krag (again); .22 Hornet 1A (again). They already got it right with those!

Wendy, if your husband does get a .45-70, he won't have to kick himself....the rifle will do it for him!

(A .45-70 No. 3 could kick enough for a couple of guys--mine ended up a .250-3000 with a proper rifle stock. I got it cheap from a guy who couldn't stand the recoil. Turns out I couldn't either....).

eastbank

Single-Sixer
you don,t have to shoot balls to wall loads all the time, my #3 loaded with my hunting load are not shoulder killers(shoot maybe 3-4 a year hunting) and i use a lead sled to sight in. a 325 gr cast bullet at 1200-1300 fps can be shot all day long.

BloodyThumb

Bearcat
The return of the 45-70. It was in production once, but I have not been able to find one on the secondary market, and I have been looking for several years.

Danny

Single-Sixer
I have a bunch of No. 1s, but I personally would not buy one of the new ones. I think that the checkering on the new ones is horrible, not like the old ones, and I really do not like the stainless steel breech blocks. If they would change those things back to how they used to make them, I would buy one.

Danny

RSIno1

Hunter
WendyZXZ said:
My husband has always kicked himself for not picking up one in .45-70 years ago!

I've always kicked around getting one of the Lyman cased sets but just can't justify it because I'd want an unfired one then decide not to fire it myself. I can always download my 458 WinMag if I want 45-70 performance.

smith1961

Blackhawk
Let me be the second vote for .348 Winchester! Perfect rimmed round to mate with this action. Ammo and bullets/brass are STILL being produced. Nice niche chambering alone in this gun or to go with our Winchester and Browning 71's.........

Single-Sixer
Jason Cloessner emailed me a couple weeks ago that "Ruger has had the No.1 on hiatus the last couple of years with all the covid craziness." He said when they open it back up he will start talking configurations and cartridges. I have been whispering in his ear for some time for the 23" barreled 348 Win., will shall see. Lipseys shows 4 No. 1's that they have left, all at least $2199 or more MSRP. And they won't get any cheaper in the future.

smith1961

Blackhawk
Jason must be tired of hearing from some of us. I was all over him with a few others for some period back regarding a Vaquero in .41 magnum.
Seems like a nice fella though. He does communicate with us!

Merry Christmas!

Single-Sixer
smith1961 said:
Jason must be tired of hearing from some of us. I was all over him with a few others for some period back regarding a Vaquero in .41 magnum.
Seems like a nice fella though. He does communicate with us!

Merry Christmas!

Yes he does! We are fortunate to have people like him in the business, and to have him at least entertain the ideas we throw around.

instructor

Single-Sixer
I have a No. 1 and a No. 3 and have had Douglas fit different caliber barrels for both of these fine rifles. No. 1 is 348Win. and 22-250 SS and the No. 3 is a 6BR and a fine 45-70 Gov't barrel. Other than having separate barrels made, installing appropriate extractor is all that is required. New barrel much more economical than an entirely different rifle. Regardless of any caliber these rifles are very accurate and provides a whole lot of fun at the range.

Latest posts