Out the door in a while

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Today's the day and shooting time is around 6:30. There was a change of plan yesterday evening so all the prepping I did earlier yesterday was for naught. My original plan was to hunt our north farm which is basically an island of habitat within a big expanse of grubbed off pasture land with the neighbor's 80 acres of unharvested corn right across the fence. Can you say PERFECT??
Son thought it would be easier for me if they hunted here this morning but then too late to do anything about it, they changed plans and want to hunt the other farm. Back to 'Plan A".
I'd even cleaned the deer house windows and swept out the dead flies here.

contender

Ruger Guru
I'm sure you are hunting right now,, so I hope to hear y'all got some deer today.

I was going to hunt today, (muzzleloader,) but the wind is whipping pretty good so I decided to wait.

Only buck I saw was a forky. We saw a lot of deer(several within bow range) just no bucks. Son and Grandson were in the honey hole stand I placed last week. They saw 2 big bucks and GS missed one of them at less than 100 yards. Not much I can say about that.

I've been passing up lots of Does and small bucks. Seeing some huge guys, but so far always out of range. I did shoot an 8 point yesterday morning. Not one of the brutes, but a nice buck. I completely forgot to take any pictures.

I tagged a big bodied 8 point this evening (was a 9 point a week ago in Grandson's trailcam pics). He was chasing a doe and I had to fire a warning shot to get his attention before sealing the deal. Actually he was running like a racehorse and I didn't lead him enough with my first shot but he did stop and look around. That was enough.
I knocked off a coyote this morning so today was a stellar day.
On top of that, I found a 500 gallon propane tank for my new furnace. So WOO-HOO I'm on a roll. Now, I have 2 days of total chaos trying to get the tank set and filled before leaving for NM on Wednesday.

akbluz

Blackhawk
Way to go, looks like the stars have aligned. Good luck in New Mexico. I'll be waiting to see some incredible pictures.

Grandson got a nice 9 point(11 if you count the little nubbies on the bases) last evening. This was his first deer shot w/o either Dad or me sitting beside him and he was REALLY excited. Buck must have had a suicide wish considering the chain of events but it worked out. GS shot him 3 times because he was afraid the deer would get away but at least none were in the 'too far back' area.
Same spot from which I shot mine Sunday evening. Well known to be a honey hole if the wind is right.

Mobuck said:
Grandson got a nice 9 point(11 if you count the little nubbies on the bases) last evening. This was his first deer shot w/o either Dad or me sitting beside him and he was REALLY excited. Buck must have had a suicide wish considering the chain of events but it worked out. GS shot him 3 times because he was afraid the deer would get away but at least none were in the 'too far back' area.
Same spot from which I shot mine Sunday evening. Well known to be a honey hole if the wind is right.
I love it when a plan comes together! These are memories for the ages, and the glue that keeps families together! Good job!
gramps