President of Vista Outdoors on ammo supply

Help Support Ruger Forum:

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/federal-ammunition-boss-delivers-a-state-of-the-ammo-nation-update-video/

Federal Ammunition Boss Delivers a State of the Ammo Nation Update [VIDEO]

Jason Vanderbrink, president of Vista Outdoor's ammunition brands, has dropped a new video giving gun owners and update on what his companies, including Federal and Remington, have done and continue to do to crank out more ammo for eager gun owners. They've overcome a number of challenges including supply chain issues to produce 40% more ammo at Federal, CCI and Speer. And they aren't easing back on the throttle.

gunzo

Buckeye
I saw a pallet of ammo from Vista the other day.

It consisted of CCI Blazer 22LR

Blazer 9mm w/frangible bullets

Remington 223 practice loads

dwayne

Single-Sixer
Our club has been buying bulk ammo and components from a major distributor for years. And, we have real time access to the inventory levels of this supplier to aid in order fulfillment. We have not seen any primers (as in ZERO) for well over 18 months ... no ammo and one small batch of poor shot. So ... the manufacturers are making ammo and components at breakneck speed? Sorry, I don't buy any of it.

The stores around DFW are full, or appear to be anyway. Well, not primers, the other day they only had large rifle magnum primers. But I believe they've been getting some in only to sell out. And their prices were $7.99 per hundred primers, which is right in line with the current inflation.

I think there are people hoarding ammo still. You know this situation is going to happen again during the next presidential election.

Kevin said:
I think there are people hoarding ammo still. You know this situation is going to happen again during the next presidential election.

I agree. I think it's going to go straight through the next Presidential election. :(

For the most part, I'll take Mr. Vanderbrink at his word. I will say this, though- the audio had enough quality problems (jerky, etc.) that it will give the conspiracy theorists plenty of ammo.

Well, plenty of ammo for their conspiracies, anyway! :mrgreen:

Over here in Western ID as I reported before we are getting Remington ammo and Remington primers on shelfs. I purchased a brick of primers maybe 2 months. I have no need for factory ammo, I see it 1 day and all gone in 3 days later, or sooner.

LDM

Blackhawk
Primers here have been made of unobtanium for well over a year. Bullets and powder have been sporadically available but not the ones that I need. Who comes up with the lies that these are available?

sixshot

Buckeye
When you start seeing factory ammo on the shelves you might start seeing primers. Don't expect it before then. And in spite of what they tell you it's the dealers that jack the prices but they blame the distributers.

Dick