1956 Blackhawk Price-NEW Pics Added

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Ruger's policy is to ship parts free if under $20; call (336) 949-5200.

Since the new model Flat Tops have old model style sights, the blades are not outlined. They are still in intermittent production so Ruger should have the sight blades. However, all current sight blades including the Flat Tops with old model Micro sight, have a slight bump on the front of the bottom edge (hidden after installation).
Here's the old and new part #s: MR05901 (new = 61037) No White Outline

All current model rear sight bases (new style and the new model flat top old style sight) since about 2000, have a hole for that bump to align with for installation. Your old Model sight does not have the hole. But all you need to do is file off the little bump on the sight blade so it will fit in your old model sight base, and much easier to install.

K1500

Single-Sixer
Thanks for the tips. I won't have the revolver until some time next week. I am excited to see it in person.

K1500

Single-Sixer
Sorry, kind of asleep at the wheel lately on the forum. It came in and it looks good in person to me. It's a shooter/user rather than a museum piece, but that's what it was purchased for. I replaced the rear sight blade and took it to the range. No problems zeroing with my 158gr LSWC reloads. I did have several that wouldn't fully chamber. Some of them would chamber in my 3 screw, but were tight. Others wouldn't quite chamber. They were all from the last of a batch loaded a while ago. I'll have to take a look at my dies. Maybe the crimp die backed off a bit or I need justness to add a bit more crimp. The kiddo is happy and that's what matters more than anything else. Thanks again to all for the help!

K1500

Single-Sixer
Good point! Something is off and the new (old) Blackhawk is apparently tighter than my other guns.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Maybe your reloaded bullets are a bit oversize; what are they sized to?

You can run a few of your reloaded rounds 1/2 up thru your resizing die and see if that fixes the slight too-tight-in-chamber issue.

The Preacher

Single-Sixer
All the above is justified... Just buy it and then it's yours.... You never pay too much; just too soon... And I guarantee you that you'll be happy you bought it!

The Preacher

mrmag00

Bearcat
65 year old gun, in pristine condition don't come along very often. Makes them hard to pass up.