I don't giggle often BUT

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I did yesterday.
While waiting for Son to show up to work on the combine, I got the 6.5 Creedmoor out to check it over. Then I thought , what the heck, I'll just run a patch through the barrel and check the zero with the 140 grain HPBT ammo. If I'm going to do that I may as well mount the YHM Reasonator so I don't have to wear ear plugs, right?
Anyhoo, after getting all that done I finally made it to the range. I only got 3 shots before I heard Son coming down the road but that rifle brings out a giggle with every shot. Downside is it's heavy(about 9#) and long(49.5"). Up side is there's hardly any recoil and it's hearing safe plus laser beam accurate.
As I said in another post, I'd like to take it elk hunting but don't have suitable ammo and don't want to file the paperwork to take it--maybe next year. It's just too bad that our enjoyment of such things is restricted by the archaic NFA regulations compounded by the ineptitude of the regulating agency.

Sure did. Unfortunately, that little shower we had Friday night and the constant overcast Saturday made the beans too wet to cut. Not any better this morning. The beans were 12% moisture last weekend when we had to stop and yesterday were up to 16-17%. The grain buyer won't even let me unload 16% beans so the few we cut for a test are in a holding bin with the fan running.

Three shots this morning sitting using crossed sticks produced a single overlapping splash on the 300 meter steel plate. Still giggling.
I've got to go over after my morning work meeting is finished and put a fresh coat of paint on that target so I can see the fresh bullet marks.

Yesterday: two shots=two hits so close that the second bullet splash obliterated the first. If measured, would be under 2" center to center.
Consistent 5mph crosswind moved impact approx 2" at 300 meters. This may be the least wind affected round I've ever used.

375hh1973

Single-Sixer
My buddy put together a 6.5cm with a supressor.

Stupid accurate and deadly on deer and coyotes

I couldn't believe how accurate it is and no recoil.

"I couldn't believe how accurate it is and no recoil."
I own some very accurate rifles but still can't get over how this $325 economy grade rifle performs. I'll admit this ends up being a long, heavy, somewhat unwieldy package (49" long and pushing 10#) but it's acceptable for hunting from a box blind. Recoil is as expected very 'manageable' and doesn't cause problems with my bum shoulder.
I did a zero adjustment yesterday shifting from Hornady 140 grain HPBT to 129 grain American Whitetail. I was talking on the phone using an earbud while shooting and the guy on the other end of the call giggled at every shot, too.
BTW, the little 1/4" cross in the center of the bullseye disappeared with my final shots and I called it good enough. I use Vortex BDC crosshair scopes and the 'tick marks' line up pretty well with the trajectory of the 6.5 so the primary crosshair is set for dead center.