LCP Max Customer Service

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Schwan

Bearcat
Although Ruger's customer service is nice, they cannot fix my issue with the LCP Max....sent it back twice because the gun would not lock back on an empty mag or on the last shot fired...I rec'd a called from them today stating that it does now lock back on the last round but does not lock back on an empty mag....I told the gun service technician, so I am supposed to just live with no lock back on an empty mag? He stated he will put heavier spring mags in it....I said I have 2 more 10 rounders and 2 more 12 rounders that all do the same thing...he said he'll include a return label when he sends my pistol back, and I am to ship the 4 mags back, so he can put heavier mag springs. He also said there are a few LCP Max pistols that are having the same issue as I am, and they are looking at a different slide catch lever tab....what do you all think? thanks.

hittman

Staff member
I think quit buying the Ruger polymer semi auto's.

I'm a slow learner ….. had 5 over the years. All went back for one reason or another. Then all went bye-bye in favor of something that works.

:(

Trooper Joe

Single-Sixer
Picked mine up two days ago. When I racked the slide back (on an empty gun) it would not hold open. I thought, "No problem" one call to Ruger and they will send a new mag.

Headed for the range and was pleasantly surprised. Loaded 5 rounds and shot it. The slide stayed back back on the last round. It also stayed back when I hand cycled the slide. Must have had a small burr on something when I tried it at the dealer.

Have Ruger send you a new gun. Mine is working as it was designed. My 12 round mag I just received (after returning from the range) holds the slide back when hand cycled.

It sounds like you have a very early gun. Your gun should work like mine (just received last week). Check out my post on this: http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=295804

5of7

Hunter
I am getting to be an old man at 84 and counting, and have shot mostly revolvers all my life because I find them to be more accurate and also because I don't have to search for the brass.

In 2001 Mi, became a "shall issue" state for concealed carry, so I started shooting semi auto handguns more. The thing I have learned that I think is worth passing on, is that it is a good idea to dis-assemble the magazines every so often and clean them just like the rest of the gun. It is also worth doing to clean the breech face with one of those bronze brushes when cleaning. It makes it easier for the rim of the cartridge to slide up under the extractor when coming out of the magazine on it's way to the chamber.

cyphertext

Bearcat
Bought mine on launch day. Locks open after last shot. I have to rack it vigorously to get it to just lock back on an empty slide. Have to rack it like I mean it. No big deal to me, as long as it goes bang when I pull the trigger, I'm happy with it.

Schwan

Bearcat
Got the LCP Max back from Ruger again today. Paperwork says that for my trouble they are sending me two new 10 round mags with heavier springs....went to the gun range and both do lock back on the last round...empty mag, unless I smack the bottom in like I mean it, will lock back too....my LCP II works great and at ten yards it is nice and accurate...I will keep the LCP II and get rid of the LCP Max as it shoots all over the target even on a rest.

wfm

Bearcat
My LCP Max would not lock back on an empty mag by hand with the 10 round mag it came with. Bought a 12 round mag and it wouldn't by hand but would occasionally after my last round. I called Ruger and talked to them. The sent me a new 10 round and 12 round mags. The 12 round will lock back by hand if I yank the hell out of it, and always will after my last round. The 10 round mags will not lock back by hand on empty mag.