Base Pin ID help

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Robsauto

Single-Sixer

Can anyone help identify these? They are 3.58-3.59 approx in length. Package they were in said Hawkeye with a question mark..

loaded round

Hunter
The top and middle pins like those for an OM Blackhawk or Single Six. The bottom pin looks like a base pin from a NM Blackhawk or Single Six. Just an educated gues w/o seeing them in person.

Cholo

Staff member
I can't say which OM's, but they're all for OM's. NM's have a spring loaded plunger at the end for the transfer bar.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
They may have come from the Ruger Hawkeye but all large frame Ruger SAs, New and Old Models, are the same length; 3.589" +/- and interchangeable (except of course for New or Old Model.) Because the New Models do have the plunger pin but the body of the cyl base pin lengths are all still the same.

Robsauto

Single-Sixer
Are the diameters the same on all of them? That would make sense if they were. I don't have an old model here at the moment but I thought I had tried these in one before. I had a ton of Ruger parts from an old gun parts company and the old guy had these bagged separate. I can't remember now why..

and yes, the over all length will vary from pin to pin,,,,we used to notice that when we reblued them over the years, same for the Single Sixes......
wish I had a PENNY for everyone we reblued since June 1973 8) :roll: :wink:

G2

Hunter
No Single Six here.... as these have collars, Single Six is collarless.