Newest GP100 in the stable - Royal Phoenix

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My newest Ruger, GP100 Royal Phoenix, only 595 made, sold by Lipseys, production years 2010-2012. No warning label. Left side of barrel just says Ruger, Newport, NH, USA; Right side says RUGER GP100, .357 Magnum. High polish blue, trigger and hammer smoothed and high polish. Really nice, highly figured Hogue grips.

hGvdQTGh.jpg

PYbbV4Vh.jpg

TjD8jwzh.jpg

hittman

Staff member
Very nice Ron.

I'd consider buying a high polish GP with a 3 inch tube and compact grips!

I remember hearing of these back in the day but don't think I every saw one in person.

I had posted in on the RugersOnly forum on Facebook and had one naysayer. One guy asked about it and another replied, "Oh, it's JUST a highly polished GP100" It was then explained what it really is and why it was made.

I now do a display of all of Rugers double action revolvers. I show samples of the 1st Gen Six series (low backs), 2nd Gen Six series (high backs), Redhawks, GP-100's, Super Redhawks, SP101's and LCR's. I have examples of both blued and stainless steel (for the models that were made in both). For the November 2021 ROCS display at the Tulsa show, I might make that one my centerpiece revolver.

Latest posts