.22LR ammo new pricing . . . UPDATED

Help Support Ruger Forum:

krw

Blackhawk
As I hav posted before, I got "pd" a brick of 22 shells a wk to feed cows in the winter. I have a 10-22 I got in 1971. I hav shot 10's of 1000's Rem Thinderbolt, Mohawk, and Federal Lightning. When my rifle got dirty I would generally spray WD40 olin it and keep on shooting. I remember these shells being $5/brick at WalMart and that might hav been a sale price

LDB said:
I think 79c for a box of 50 was the lowest price I ever experienced. And if you couldn't afford it you could buy however many rounds you wanted for 2c each. The good old days when the local hardware store meant something.
Yep, and as an 8 y o kid I could walk in buy a box of 50 or a brick! No questions asked beyond "who's your daddy"?
gramps

jgt

Buckeye
I've only had one brick of Thunderbolts from when they were first marketed. I shot a coon at a spot where the neck joins the chest cavity. Not only was it an instant kill, but the exit wound stripped out a flap of skin about three inches wide and six inches long from one side of the wound. Never saw that before with any ammunition. I have not shot that whole brick of ammo up. That shot was out of a 10/22 that I kept leaning against the wall by the patio door facing the barn.
I was unaware the ammo had become so low in quality. I have many brands and most were the best quality I could get when purchased. You just never know from day to day with 22 ammo. Some off brand ammo shoots well in one gun and only the best high dollar brand does in another.