So this dumb guy..........Updated pictures

Help Support Ruger Forum:

twriggen

Single-Sixer
So this dumb guy goes to a gun show over the weekend knowing that his "gun fund" is completely empty and stumbles across a 4 digit Ruger Flattop Bowen and Turnbull custom in 45 Colt. As he is driving home he is preparing his "I need this" strategy to convince his wife to loan him the money out of the vacation fund. He even contacts his Uncle who has a few Bowen customs to confirm the value of said piece of art to show her that he is not making up the value. He also preps the family computer on a previous internet sale of a similar firearm and how much it recently sold for to further the status of the "I need this" claim and what a deal it is. He even preps ideas of extra duties he will perform if said claim is authorized. His wife walks in and not wasting any time he quickly asks for the money followed by what a great deal it is using his best assumptive sales training terminology. She looks him in the eye and asks for the price to be repeated which he quickly offers, but with a small quiver in his voice, and again preps to counter her response. She responds "OK".

Here is a picture of that Dumb Guy and his Ruger Bowen Custom with Turnbull finish in 45 Colt sitting on his porch this afternoon and then a picture of the piece of art without the dummy. What a keeper and I'm not just referring to the firearm...

IdsnUn0.jpg

OazidBZ.jpg

Buckshot Bill

Bearcat
That's a really nice one. I love the beautiful case colors. Turnbull sure does a great job on them.
And you're sure right about your "keeper" she sure sounds like a special lady!- [I've got one, too!]

Enjoy!!
Buckshot Bill

Johnnu2

Hunter
BOTH of those pics are "suitable for framing"........

The smile reminds me of getting your first puppy..... only a LOT better....

CONGRATS,

J.

AkRay

Single-Sixer
It was about 20 years ago when I came home from a gun show with a Phillips and Rodgers 500 Linebaugh that I'd put on the credit card for north of a grand. My wife was surprised but told me she was happy I was able to buy something I'd wanted for a long time.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
Somewhere ,,,,, in that top picture ,,,,,,,, Is a 10 year old with a shiny ,chrome plated cap gun .
Good job, THAT happiness will last a long time .

twriggen

Single-Sixer
I couldn't leave it unfinished with those beat up original grip panels and then it needed a nicer home to sit in so I add a few things to it. Scott at SK Grips helped out with the blue mammoth ivory grips and Jay at Goofy Mastiff made the walnut case. Pictures can not do either of them justice.

bEraugd.jpg

Troy,
Very nice indeed.
These are also in 45 Colt with 5 1/2" barrels on a medium size 357 frame SN 36271 & 36497 Love your Turnbull case hard, grips, and Black Powder Bevel on the Cylinder. From looking at the cylinder to frame gap on yours it appears yours is on a 44 Mag Flat Top frame.?????

A crappy picture of mine also with Turnbull case hard