135 grain 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I ordered some bullets, and it seems they only had heavier weight 9mm bullets. The powder coated stuff. I know, I know, I need to start casting my own, perhaps someday.

Anyway, I got some 135 grain 9mm bullets. It will be interesting to see how they compare accuracy wise to the 124 I had been using. I've finally found a highly accurate load with 5.5 grains of HS-6.

Somewhere I read or was told, calibers seem to be most accurate when not loaded on the light side. They don't have to be maximum loads, but just not light for best results. I'm finding this to be true.

Now if I could find some primers. I've got some for now... Hopefully all this funny business will end soon.

harley08

Blackhawk
I ordered some bullets, and it seems they only had heavier weight 9mm bullets. The powder coated stuff. I know, I know, I need to start casting my own, perhaps someday.

Anyway, I got some 135 grain 9mm bullets. It will be interesting to see how they compare accuracy wise to the 124 I had been using. I've finally found a highly accurate load with 5.5 grains of HS-6.

Somewhere I read or was told, calibers seem to be most accurate when not loaded on the light side. They don't have to be maximum loads, but just not light for best results. I'm finding this to be true.

Now if I could find some primers. I've got some for now... Hopefully all this funny business will end soon.
Where are the primes at a reasonable price?

contender

Ruger Guru
"Where are the primes at a reasonable price?"

At any good gun shop in 1999.

Just had to poke a little fun!

As to the OP & the questions.
In general,, always start loading anything where you change a component, at a lower end start. Work a load up.
9mm is a caliber that's more sensitive to changes than many other calibers. I'd look for loading charts as a starting place for different bullet weights. Find the charts with bullets weighing 135 grns & go from there.

Latest posts