Remington facility back in operation 24/7

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jimd441

Blackhawk
I'm sure many of us have seen this news published by NRA and no doubt, other sources. Some folks have raised the trashing of Remington ammo to an art form. That aside, I'm hoping this will have at least a marginal positive impact on the overall shortage. Thoughts?

Jim

RSIno1

Hunter
The shortage will continue. Once this stuff hits the market people who needed a box of ammo will buy 5 so they don't run low again. I'd say it will be another year before we see fully stocked shelves but the prices will be up 20% just so stores can make up income they have lost and the simple fact they have seen what people are willing to pay for ammo.

gunzo

Buckeye
So, I'm assuming this is about the Remington Ammunition facility?

Not the Firearms facility?

Johnnu2

Hunter
The shortage is FAKE in my humble opinion. Like all 'shortages' it's designed to raise prices to about 'double' and then it goes away as quickly as it sprung up. Let us wait.... we'll still pay the price, but the supply will be back.

J.

gunzo

Buckeye
jimd441 said:
Yes, the ammo site in Arkansas

Jim

Thanks Jim,

This is the ammo section after all, I should have put 2 & 2 together. But all the Rem. brands, divisions, locations etc. in such confusion right now, I just didn't want to assume.
Word is, that plant being back into production should help with the shortages.

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

I got an e-mail from Brownell's this afternoon (5-19-2021) saying they had Remington 9mm in stock. By the time I went to their website--maybe 2/3 hours--they were out of stock. How many vultures do you suppose there are just sitting in the trees this time, waiting for the next truck to show up so they can swoop down and grab it? Kinda like the WalMart "crews" lined up at 7 a.m. during one of the Obama shortages...

Rick C

dixie884

Blackhawk
A few months of production of the 100 packs of 9mm, .38spl, .40S&W and .357 Magnum should help the "shortage".

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
dixie884 said:
A few months of production of the 100 packs of 9mm, .38spl, .40S&W and .357 Magnum should help the "shortage".

HI,

I dunno what Remington's production capacity is, but I checked in with a big CA shooting products dealer yesterday to see how they're doing with supply. I was interested in Remington shotshells, target variety.

They're taking orders. Delivery is expected in 3-6 months, and whatever the market price is at time of delivery is what you'll pay. In other words, the money you send today is simply a "deposit" and who knows what you may have to cough up in addition when your order's filled.

This is gonna take quite a while to work its way thru the market...

Rick C

57springer

Buckeye
The ceo was on " Wednesday night at the range "talking about the reopening . He says it will be a while untill they reach full production. He cited many reasons , worker shortage , Raw material contracts needing renegotiation,etc.
I think it will be awhile ........................

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
57springer said:
The ceo was on " Wednesday night at the range "talking about the reopening . He says it will be a while untill they reach full production. He cited many reasons , worker shortage , Raw material contracts needing renegotiation,etc.
I think it will be awhile ........................

Hi,

I found this yesterday. Does it say about what the CEO said on Wednesday night?

https://www.remington.com/?utm_source=nra&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=fy22remington&utm_content=family

Scroll down to the "Big Green Ammo is Back" link and click on "Find Out" link.

Rick C

Latest posts