Homemade

Help Support Ruger Forum:

This little pistol is a training arm for my Grandson. He started with the Savage and has since graduated to a S&W Model 34. I think it is a cool little pistol and I do shoot it from time to time. It is willed to my Grandson when I can no longer shoot.

twriggen

Single-Sixer
I love my little Savage 101. It is my favorite gun to pull out of the safe and hand someone telling them it should be unloaded but would you mind checking. The fun is watching them try to figure out how to check it.

Gee, you think Bill Ruger got the idea for his Hawkeye, with the rolling block breech side fitting????hhhmmmm, as well as the SAME size as the Bearcat?? 8) :roll:

I sold an original box for one of them old Savage 101 last year....... :)

Dave, That old Savage and the fine holster with it strikes me as back in the day, it would be a trappers rig. Would have filled the purpose very well. For the most part, only one round is ever needed, but it reloads fairly quickly to serve the purpose, if someone needs more than one shot.

I watched the video, that's neat how the cylinder and barrel tilt away to load. Since it is like that, is it more accurate? The cylinder and barrel are just one piece, correct?

Looks like the guy in the video could reload fast enough.

nrobe50

Buckeye
I bought a Savage 101 when I was about 13. The kid I got it from lived a few miles away so he brought it to school and I took it home on the bus. I think I paid 6 bucks for it. The bus driver did ask me to make sure it was not loaded. I sold that one many years ago but picked up one in the box several years ago from Collectors Firearms in Houston. Don't remember ever shooting it but the Rugers keep it safe in my vault.

Latest posts