Ruger wrangler will a 22 mag single six cylinder fit one

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hondo44

Hawkeye
In that case, I'd try to obtain a Wrangler Cyl which are steel, and ream out for 22 mag.

Ruger won't sell a new cyl to you. But if you ship them your Wrangler w/o a cyl, they'll replace the cyl. Then you can ream it to .22 Mag.

Is anyone FINDING .22 WRF ctgs. these days? Here in CA they are pretty much unobtainium, and we can't shop out of state like real adults....

My S&W 651 shoots them more accurately than .22 WRM....of course it shoots both better than I can when standing up on my hind legs!

diyj98

Single-Sixer
Mike Armstrong said:
Is anyone FINDING .22 WRF ctgs. these days? Here in CA they are pretty much unobtainium, and we can't shop out of state like real adults....

My S&W 651 shoots them more accurately than .22 WRM....of course it shoots both better than I can when standing up on my hind legs!

I find them pretty easy in my area. At one time they seemed to be hot sellers when you couldn't find 22WMR, but now that it's starting to show up, the 22 WRF sales have slowed.

RaymondBB

Bearcat
The LR and Magnum shoot to same point of aim at reasonable ranges in all my convertible Rugers.

Same. I haven't noticed any difference shooting at the gun range. The only huge difference was the gun recoil between LR and Magnum, but it's not a problem anyway. I had the same experience shooting from my SR22 too. I have to say that shooting with Magnum stainless cylinder was a good experience for me, and it fits both pistols perfectly. If you want, you can also read the ruger sr22 pistol review to understand the features of that model. Not sure, but there's a full review of ruger wrangler too. Probably they review single six cylinders too, you need to search.

91B40

Bearcat
Mike Armstrong said:

Parallels my experience. My Single Six shoots WRF a lot more accurately than 22 mags. I was fortunate to have got hold of about a thousand of these several years ago in a trade. I am down to about 200 now. By the way, most boxes bear the warning, "Do not use in revolvers."

Latest posts