New Wrangler

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I finally gave in and bought a Wrangler today. The Talo version just has too much going for it at the price. Although the orchid one is very pretty, I really like the cobalt color the best of any I've seen so far.

68cTTSTl.jpg

The color plus the wood grips and holster kind of sucked me in. I find it curious that this shows up on Ruger's web site as a "Talo Distributer Exclusive" but I can't find it on Talo's web site?

Shorty Jenkins

Blackhawk
I think those grips are Altamont. I'm sure they are making them for Ruger. I agree they do look
very nice. Check Altamont Grips website, they makes great grips, reasonably priced.
Just sayin'
Shorty

The grips are identified as "hardwood". They look and feel like bare wood but must have some kind of sealant on them. They do fit very well but were completely loose. Had to tighten them up a bit to keep them from moving around.

toysoldier

Hunter
Highstandardguy said:
The grips are identified as "hardwood". They look and feel like bare wood but must have some kind of sealant on them. They do fit very well but were completely loose. Had to tighten them up a bit to keep them from moving around.

Maybe they were left loose to prevent splitting during shipping due to extremes in temperature and humidity.

Highstandardguy said:
I finally gave in and bought a Wrangler today. The Talo version just has too much going for it at the price. Although the orchid one is very pretty, I really like the cobalt color the best of any I've seen so far.

I've tried to find this package, for a Christmas gift. They've not been available anywhere I've tried, so I pieced it together myself.

Bought the black revolver, and then the holster from Amazon.

Voila!!

blue2golf

Bearcat
WAYNO said:
Highstandardguy said:

I've tried to find this package, for a Christmas gift. They've not been available anywhere I've tried, so I pieced it together myself.

Bought the black revolver, and then the holster from Amazon.

Voila!!

Well done. The original colors are still the cheapest, Amazon comes in handy and inflation will take an ever bigger bite. Might as well get it while you can.

Three50seven

Buckeye
I just picked up the birdshead version with the wood grips and holster. The grips are definitely Altamont, and they appear to be walnut. The ones on mine were tight and fit extremely well for a gun this cheap. The holster is a little different, but considering it's probably a $60 holster from DeSantis, I'm not complaining!

mac66

Single-Sixer
Do you think Ruger will ever make a Buntline Special i.e. long barrel version of the Wrangler? The Heritage Rough Rider comes in a 16" bbl version (both a pistol and rifle) which is kinda cool other than being a Heritage. Could make a 16" revolver into a rifle.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
I'm hopeful Ruger will make a carbine version of the Wrangler like the Heritage Rancher, won't hold my breath, but it'd be a great little truck gun & I'd bet they'd sell.