Now That Ruger Owns Marlin ,Lever Gun???

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mike7mm08

Buckeye
With Ruger owning marlin now what do you think they are going to do with it. Make just the plain jane bread and butter lever action or perhaps try and breath new life into the levergun platform and return Marlin to it's heyday.

I am hoping the later. On that note question to those that are knowledgeable on Marlin lever actions. Will they be able to accommodate and handle the 480ruger?

Been wanting a 480 lever since I seen one of the Rossi Pumas that were not around very long. To much conflicting info about them made me wait to long and I missed out on buying one.

jjas

Single-Sixer
I read a quote from Ruger saying it would take time to get the line back up and running. Hopefully that will happen and the quality will be good.

What I would really like to see re-released is a Marlin 39m .22 lever action rifle. I wanted one when I was younger but couldn't find one. Now the prices have jumped through the roof on gunbroker (and other sites like that).

If they bring it out, I'll buy one, that's for sure.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
protoolman said:
How about a .32 mag lever gun? I know, I'm just dreaming........

They did that. Had a .32 H&R mag and a .32-20 in the 1894 . Had the .32 mag for a while which matched the pair of fixed sight Single Sixes in the same chambering I'd intended to use for CAS.

Jeepnik said:
MIM parts will be the order of the day. Ballard rifling will disappear. Wood stocks may fade away. Every safety device known to mankind will be installed. You'll need a note from your mother to disengage them.

Do they still do ballard rifling? They can't do as bad as Remington did when the took over.

Rumrunner said:
Jeepnik said:
MIM parts will be the order of the day. Ballard rifling will disappear. Wood stocks may fade away. Every safety device known to mankind will be installed. You'll need a note from your mother to disengage them.

Do they still do ballard rifling? They can't do as bad as Remington did when the took over.

According to the website last time I checked yes. But Ballard is a different process and would require different machines than Ruger has Perhaps they'll get all of the machinery, we'll see.

Arky

Single-Sixer
As a Marlin lover I hope they make classic walnut and blue lever guns. But just in case, I have enough pre-remington Marlins to get by.

P89DC

Single-Sixer
Imo Marlin is a perfect complement to the Ruger single action revolver line and Ruger stole it for $26M. Imagine the engineering/equipment cost to build a resource like Marlin and then try to win some market share. For $26M Ruger is set up to dominate the lever market.

I expect Ruger will invest in the Marlin because they have plenty of cash. I can't wait for a stainless Marlin with hammer forged barrel.

Another consideration is political. In places like Australia lever action rifle remain legal. If the situation changes in the US with semiautomatic rifles Ruger will have hedged its revenue for a bargain at $26million.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
I don't think Ruger/Marlin will dominate the lever action market. Winchester still makes the most outstanding lever actions IMO. But I do love the .444 cartridge, and hope it lives on.

Pps1980

Single-Sixer
P89DC said:
Imo Marlin is a perfect complement to the Ruger single action revolver line and Ruger stole it for $26M. Imagine the engineering/equipment cost to build a resource like Marlin and then try to win some market share. For $26M Ruger is set up to dominate the lever market.

I expect Ruger will invest in the Marlin because they have plenty of cash. I can't wait for a stainless Marlin with hammer forged barrel.

Another consideration is political. In places like Australia lever action rifle remain legal. If the situation changes in the US with semiautomatic rifles Ruger will have hedged its revenue for a bargain at $26million.

What he said! :)

Latest posts