Not to panic but..is Ruger still actually producing SR1911s?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Terry T

Buckeye
I've noticed in the last week the supply of Ruger 1911s seems to be drying up. For awhile (prior to the plague lockdown) there seemed to be an oversupply, enough to suppress prices on used SR1911s.

There are many fewer listings on Gunbroker.com.

Gallery of Guns is all but "out of stock". https://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/PowerSearchTabView/SearchResultsFirearms.aspx?&mfg=Ruger&mdl=SR1911&cat=All&type=All&cal=All&rebate=No&com=No&zipcode=28712

I know there's been panic buying with the current plague and the civil unrest but...

SR1911s are still listed on the Ruger web site.
Anyone with inside info?
Terry T

hittman

Staff member
The supply of many things gun related is drying up.

Visited 2 local pawn shops yesterday and both owners complained about 1) no used guns being sold 2) wholesalers have little in stock 3) ammo shortages and 4) both mentioned it's hard to find Rugers and Glocks.

Ruger still shows a huge selection of 1911s on their web site.

dakota1911

Buckeye
I am not sure what "covid" things Ruger is doing at their manufacturing plant but I know gun buying has sort of gone insane around where I am. Having been in the puter world I know one can not triple production in a week or two. So production is the same and demand went through the roof.

Sturgis270

Single-Sixer
Was in our local Fleet Farm store yesterday. Came by the handgun case and it was basically empty. Similar situation on the ammo shelf. I did see a few boxes of handgun ammo behind the counter with a note that said "limit two per customer". I believe those were available to purchasers of new guns. Glad I'm well stocked.

TRanger

Blackhawk
FOX Business reported last week that Ruger's production capability is currently unable to keep up with demand. They just can't make the guns fast enough.

nekvermont

Buckeye
On ruger.com home page they have a big "NOW HIRING" notice. Lots of info about current openings, benefits, Locations and hiring process.

hittman

Staff member
NH Rugerman said:
They are trying to catch up but it will probably be at least a year until they do, IF THEN!!

Depending on the Nov election results.

loaded round

Hunter
Made two runs to my favorite gun emporium for powder last month, and the guys there said new shipments of pistols last less than 24 hours after put on display. Only pistols still in sock are the big bore pistols like the 455 Casulls and the 500 S&W's that no one wants for SD. They also just received in a half dozen AR-15's of various makes and they said would be gone over the weekend. Limited 9mm and 223 ammo, and absolutely no primers except for shotgun. It's scary out there guys!

Terry T

Buckeye
It appears that Ruger is again shipping SR1911s.
I checked some currently listed on GunBroker and found shipping dates in 2021! :D
Terry T

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
powder smoke said:
BUY AMMO NOW! While you can.
If you do not have it in hand, or in your safe, you are OUT OF LUCK.

"CBS News pointed out that over 5 million people were
first-time gun buyers last year."

So they have ZERO ammunition to start with.
That implies to me that they will pay what ever
it takes to get ammo for their new gun.

triaxle

Bearcat
I talked to a dealer and he said with the covoid stuff and all the demand the gun ind is making more of the small gun`s and polymere stuff . I was looking for a Ruger 1911 Officer model size found one in 9 mm bought new in box for like 769 bought it , he has not seen any for a good while . he had 2 of them I grabed it and a few ex mags .

Latest posts