Stiletto / Ruger Hammer Question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
There is a guy on eBay selling a hammer head that does not appear to be titanium but is marked RUGER on one side. The titanium hammer heads that were made by Ruger before they stopped doing titanium casting were marked "RUGER TITANIUM".

Does anyone know if Ruger cast stainless steel heads for Stiletto hammers? The metal appears too glossy silver to be titanium and the ad text doesn't mention the material. I'm wondering if this is a legit Ruger casting, or some Chinese counterfeit. I'm not really interested in paying 100 bucks to own it either way, just curious. Here are pics from the ad:

rEbQYet.jpg

iNBicPx.jpg

WMG, good question, and knowing that Ruger indeed cast stainless for them selves and others in the gun business as well as medical and industrial applications I see why not, it could be..... easy enough to tell by "feel" and being it is NOT stamped or rollmarked "Titanium" I doubt it,,,it appears to be stainless,BUT that being said you can "finish" polish ANY metal to that gloss......would have to "see it, touch it".........yeah, yeah, some folks buy ANYTHING marked Ruger... 8) :roll: :wink:

chet15

Hawkeye
weaselmeatgravy said:
There is a guy on eBay selling a hammer head that does not appear to be titanium but is marked RUGER on one side. The titanium hammer heads that were made by Ruger before they stopped doing titanium casting were marked "RUGER TITANIUM".

Does anyone know if Ruger cast stainless steel heads for Stiletto hammers? The metal appears too glossy silver to be titanium and the ad text doesn't mention the material. I'm wondering if this is a legit Ruger casting, or some Chinese counterfeit. I'm not really interested in paying 100 bucks to own it either way, just curious. Here are pics from the ad:

rEbQYet.jpg

iNBicPx.jpg

Yes, Stiletto made titanium hammer heads and stainless steel/steel heads. The titanium heads were the expensive hammers, and I mean really expensive.
Chet15

Do you mean Ruger made titanium heads for Stiletto hammers? I seem to recall that a few years back.

I searched for Stiletto hammers and didn't find any of the current crop showing the Ruger name actually on the heads. Every one pictured only showed the left side of the head. :wink: The pic shown here is the only one I found that actually showed the Ruger name.

There have been a couple editions of Stiletto hammers, cast by Ruger. The hammer itself didn't change, but the engraving did.

The majority of the hammers are 14 oz., and they have a straight claw. This curved claw I've found only on the 10 oz. hammer, and although I've not actually seen the 10 oz. model, and especially I've not personally seen a curved claw, I have found a couple for sale.

I also question why "Titanium" engraving would would not have been applied. I have a couple guesses, but I cannot prove them.

I think this hammer posted by the OP is legitimate.

chet15

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1) said:
Do you mean Ruger made titanium heads for Stiletto hammers? I seem to recall that a few years back.

I searched for Stiletto hammers and didn't find any of the current crop showing the Ruger name actually on the heads. Every one pictured only showed the left side of the head. :wink: The pic shown here is the only one I found that actually showed the Ruger name.

Yes, I have a titanium stiletto/Ruger hammer.
It came with a removable hammer face and extra "different" face, heavy checkering/smooth.
Chet15

contender

Ruger Guru
This is a good question.
I only have one Ruger Stiletto hammer.
It's a 14 oz titanium.
Comparing it to the good pics above,, it causes me to pause.
Why isn't it marked "Pat Pend" ?
Why isn't it marked "Titanium" or listing the weight?

And closer study makes me THINK the markings are not the EXACT same stamping or casting as my hammer is. Very slight differences in the markings,, yet,, so very close too. That may be just the photo as comparing it to my example.

Truly a puzzle.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Bob,
Well guy's what about this one?? I have requested extra pictures but nothing yet. The seller has a couple of offers pending and cannot up load more photos till those offers expire.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/333843121351

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
WAYNO said:
There have been a couple editions of Stiletto hammers, cast by Ruger. The hammer itself didn't change, but the engraving did.

The majority of the hammers are 14 oz., and they have a straight claw. This curved claw I've found only on the 10 oz. hammer, and although I've not actually seen the 10 oz. model, and especially I've not personally seen a curved claw, I have found a couple for sale.

I also question why "Titanium" engraving would would not have been applied. I have a couple guesses, but I cannot prove them.

I think this hammer posted by the OP is legitimate.

I agree with Wayno & Chad as to it being authentic, I have seen the steel headed hammers offered before but have never bought one.
Note that the lathing hatchet (often referred to as a roofing hatchet) is the only hammer that I have seen where the lettering on the sides is reversed.

wPjGhQzl.jpg

Jsy9q4El.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
Ale-8(1) said:
Oh, for a "factory letter"! :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

A Stiletto factory letter?
It may be something to pursue from Stiletto, a list of models/quantities made of each of their products licensed by Ruger.
Chet15

chet15 said:
Ale-8(1) said:
Oh, for a "factory letter"! :wink: :lol: :lol: :wink:

A Stiletto factory letter?
It may be something to pursue from Stiletto, a list of models/quantities made of each of their products licensed by Ruger.
Chet15

I was kinda kidding, but, yeah . . . wonder if that's doable? :shock: