LCP-II 22LR range report

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
First time out with this little gun.

Ran 50 rounds of CCI Mini Mag through it. No problems at all.

Then ran 75 rounds of miscellaneous brand through it. Had 3 dud rounds but no mis-function of the gun at all.

The miscellaneous rounds I had in a can and they included Federal, Aguila, Winchester and Lord only knows what else.

I too took mine to the range. After a few mags, no issues after that. I like it. Fairly accurate. I will need some orange or green paint for the front side like I have on the .380 version. Hard to see. I give it a passing grade.

ftlupton

Single-Sixer
Have a couple hundred rounds thru mine, no issues with the gun but have a bunch of junk Win. ammo, CCI's and Remington have been 100 per cent.

Well... I bought one of these before Christmas. (2021). Just yesterday was the first time I actually shot it. I figured it would work well with High Velocity rounds, so I wanted to know if it would work with standard velocity or low velocity rounds. Didn't like them at all. That caused me to go to the high velocity and/or hyper velocity loads. They worked better, but still nowhere near 100%. I stuck with it, and eventually the high velocity rounds functioned as they should. When I could count on acceptable functionality with High and Hyper Velocity rounds, I switched back to standard velocity rounds. Voila! Now they're running fine also.

Accuracy? Well, since it was a little bit misty, I only shot from our covered, 50-yard range. I hit the berm many times. 8)