My New CMD...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

deputytom

Bearcat
I've wanted a Ruger SR1911 for a couple of years now and finally traded into one at the last gunshow. I got to the range in a break from very nasty weather and was very satisfied with that range trip and my new favorite pistol. It functioned flawlessly with six different brands of magazines, Remington Golden Saber HPs, several different brands of hardball and my LSWC reloads. I've owned several dozen 1911s and A1s and this CMD is my most favorite 1911A1 that I have had in my hands. Thank you Ruger. tom.

Cholo

Staff member
My CMD gets shot more than all my other 1911's combined. I think Ruger did well with their 1911 line. I wished they would have come out with a LW Officer-Style. I'm sure they will now that I've bought a Colt Defender :)

deputytom

Bearcat
Goldstar225 said:
Congratulations on the new pistol. It seems like Ruger got them right.

They certainly got this one right. I half expected to need an extractor adjustment but it ran perfectly. tom. :D

deputytom

Bearcat
Cholo said:
My CMD gets shot more than all my other 1911's combined. I think Ruger did well with their 1911 line. I wished they would have come out with a LW Officer-Style. I'm sure they will now that I've bought a Colt Defender :)

I can see why you shoot you CMD the most. What a nice pistol. tom.

It is all Cholo's Fault that I lust after an SR 1911. He let me shoot his. I couldn't get away with stealing his? :shock: :wink: :mrgreen: I couldn't outrun his motorcycle. :shock: :mrgreen:
gramps

Suburbbus

Bearcat
I had one a couple of years and I cannot remember why I sold it. Anyway, I was able to get a used one yesterday at a really good price (in my opinion) and jumped on the opportunity. I have had quite a few Rugers over the years including 10/22's and SR series pistols, but this one is still my favorite one.

jgt

Buckeye
Good to see you return. Thanks for the information. I have been tempted to try the all steel one . My commander is a lw "Night Watchman" model.