* > Flatgate < *

Help Support Ruger Forum:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Beer drinking, CJ5 Jeep driving, Ski Bum who also collected Rugers and gave us this forum!!
What else is there to say?

Thanks Carl we all miss you!!
Terry

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Just stumbled onto this one on the Tulsa show site:

IMG_2113.JPG

Left side of bottom row is Carl's triple-consecutive set of rare convertible Bearcats

Yes, Laura misses him too, the little Yorkie (Ruger?) and his beautiful yellow Lab , everytime it snows here in Chardon, I think its Carl, making it happen.....Miss ya 'flatgate' you and the boys are having a good time up there high up OVER the mountains......

jNDpMwol.jpg

that was Riley and the little 'Ruger' was followed up by 'Cody'...... :wink:

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
HAWKEYE#28 said:
Dunno where all his "stuff" went.........to the winds as I understand.........Sad!

Mike,
I was fortunate enough to acquire both of his ROA's, #100 & his lettered brass frame revolver.
He was a great guy who loved helping other collector's seeking information on their hobby.

Missed but not forgotten! :(
Terry

contender

Ruger Guru
Nice pic Dan.

Terry,, it's good to know where a few of his guns are. They are at least appreciated & properly cared for with you. Kudos.

I visit this thread occasionally,, just to see the pics & smile.

Yes what a shame. I never met him but we sent a lot of emails to each other along with books.
His Dad flew in the 99th Bomb Group during WWII and my Dad flew in the 97th Bomb Group both Groups out of Foggia Italy. They were both there at the same time period and flew ON THE same missions. I gave Carl some of the original Combat Mission pictures that my Dad took which Carl and I both held dear and praised highly. The pictures gave Carl a view of what his Dad saw and endured.
It brought tears to my eyes when Carl told me that he thought of me as a Brother and it still does when I think of him. Yes he was much more than a Gun Guy.
Yes I do miss him.