Ruger service fees/website page

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
Yeah...some are very reasonable prices.

However folks...please don't ship your 10/22 to Ruger to have a new stock fitted for $40+Parts!!! Please let us help first. Just like a doctor visit...get a second opinion here (or with a competent smith) before you spend the $$$

win85shooter

Bearcat
I would like to send my OM Single Six to Ruger for some work but I'm hesitant that they will do work that I don't want. Mine has not been converted with the transfer bar and I want it that way. Anyone know if you can tell them not to do it and they will comply? If they do, will they send all old parts back and how easy is it to change back?

Thanks,
Mike

I_Like_Pie

Blackhawk
win85shooter":2p96ujz5 said:
I would like to send my OM Single Six to Ruger for some work but I'm hesitant that they will do work that I don't want. Mine has not been converted with the transfer bar and I want it that way. Anyone know if you can tell them not to do it and they will comply? If they do, will they send all old parts back and how easy is it to change back?

Thanks,
Mike

If you send it there unconverted they will, 100% of the time without a doubt, convert it to the transfer bar mechanism.

I suppose that the good thing is that they will send you the old parts back for "collector" purposes. If you are a shooter that transfer bar isn't a bad thing...a collector not so much.

Also take off ANY custom parts that you don't want them to keep.

azrugershooter

Single-Sixer
I_Like_Pie":8xwvpmcp said:
win85shooter":8xwvpmcp said:

Thanks,
Mike

If you send it there unconverted they will, 100% of the time without a doubt, convert it to the transfer bar mechanism.

I suppose that the good thing is that they will send you the old parts back for "collector" purposes. If you are a shooter that transfer bar isn't a bad thing...a collector not so much.

Also take off ANY custom parts that you don't want them to keep.

I 2nd this statement. I had a OM Super blackhawk I sent back for a few thing and it got converted despite my request to leave it alone. The worst story I have heard of was a guy in a gun club I was involved with who sent back his SRM Maximum and never got the gun back but instead got a coupon for the purchase of a new Ruger! :shock:

langenc

Single-Sixer
I have a Mark I with custom barrel etc and it needs the ejector tightened. Im heading to AZ in 6 weeks and am checking to see if they will do that only. Im not holding my breath.

A

Anonymous

Sent my OM Vaquero in for service work. They traded out the stocks. Gave me some new flaky looking ones. I liked my old ones better and did not want them changed out. Just want the members to be aware of this Ruger (policy?). Anybody else have this happen to them?

langenc

Single-Sixer
My readings on several forums is that Ruger will make any gun sent in stock in all respects before it is returned. I assUMEd that the removed parts were returned to the owner.

butcherboy1985

Single-Sixer
im in the process of sending a OM single six for service. i called and they will not work on it without original parts. said they need them to evaluate it first?

i did email, and call and ask that all my OM parts be returned. i also wrote it in big/highlighted letters on the note that im sending telling them what work repairs i would like done.

the only thing i removed from it and am not sending is my original '72 wood grips.

PeteG

Bearcat
edlmann said:
chet15 said:
Per request of "Firsttimegrandpa" Here's Ruger's webpage for their service fees on rebluing, fitting new stocks to long guns, fitting new cylinders and re-barreling.
Chet15

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/PS-ServiceFees.html

Link has changed to this.
That works