Lets see pics of your reloading bench/room/area

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
I'm getting close to ready to build a more permanent bench in the garage. (Currently my setup is temporary just enough to load a few rounds.) Thinking of a new bench about 12 feet long and about 20-24" wide. This will still allow me to park my pick-em-up truck in the garage when not reloading.

Would like to see your setups. I might.... well, ok... I'm sure I could pick up some ideas to incorporate into my own setup.

With that said, let the posting begin!!! 8)

Donaldjr1969

Blackhawk
reloading_bench2.jpg

Bucks Owin

Hunter
I forget, around 7' or so. The cool thing about it was that I cut most of the bench and all the wall boards from incense cedar logs with a "chainsaw mill". Same with the casting bench...Smelled great in there! Sure miss it...

Edit. Sorry, you said "wide"...Not very, I guess 14" but wide enough....
(Some logs were bigger than others! :wink: )

Rick Courtright

Hawkeye
Hi,

Some folks have really impressive setups. I'm not one of 'em...

The area where I actually do my loading is a very minimalist setup: basic Craftsman workbench from Sears, w/ a couple of 2'x4'x3/4" pieces of particle board glued together, then held to the top of the bench w/ C-clamps to add weight and something I can drill holes in. It lives in a corner of a bedroom.

When it's time to load, the appropriate tools and components are retrieved from their various resting areas here and there. Only enough components for the particular load I'm working on are actually on the bench once the work starts so as to minimize the "oops" factor.

The press is mounted on a board, as are all my others (a handful of metallics, another handful of shotshelll machines): all are drilled to one of two four bolt patterns, so they can be swapped out easily.

Other than that, there's nothing worth braggin' on!

IMG_4042.jpg

Rick C

Driftwood Johnson

Blackhawk
Howdy

Here's what my little corner of reloading heaven looks like. Those are Hornady L&L AP presses at the center of each bench. I keep one set up for large pistol primers and the other set up for small pistol primers. The one on the left has a Lyman Black Powder measure on it most of the time, but I change it out for the Hornady Smokeless measure when needed. This photo is a few years old. The RCBS lube - sizer has been replaced by a better one from Star. And there is a great big progressive MEC shotgun press on the far right now. My old Lyman Spartan single stage press only comes out now when I am loading 303 British or 45-70 with Black Powder. Most of the time it lives underneath the bench.

The only things actually bolted down to the benches are the Hornady progressive presses. Everything else is movable and clamps in place when needed.

And if you think it is always this neat, I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

IMG_0616.jpg

edlmann

Blackhawk
Ruger Packer said:
I'm getting close to ready to build a more permanent bench in the garage. (Currently my setup is temporary just enough to load a few rounds.) Thinking of a new bench about 12 feet long and about 20-24" wide. This will still allow me to park my pick-em-up truck in the garage when not reloading.
Would like to see your setups. I might.... well, ok... I'm sure I could pick up some ideas to incorporate into my own setup.
With that said, let the posting begin!!! 8)

About 30 years ago, I bought two cheap 4-drawer file cabinets. I bolted dexion angle to the sides and built a bench between the two (36" at first, 48" later). This setup PCSed from Colo. Spgs. to Biloxi to Wichita Falls to storage while I was in Turkey, to Montgomery to retirement in Florida. I keep dies, bullets and brass in the drawers and it's very stable. Top of the bench is is two thicknesses of 3/4 plywood glued & screwed together with a 6" lip screwed to the back edge.

pps

Single-Sixer
captainkirk said:
pps said:
Here is part of my reloading bench.

IMG_4736.jpg

Afraid that cabinet on the left is going to fly away? :lol:

With that much lead sitting on top of it, why would I be afraid of that?

;)

GP100man

Buckeye
Here`s the first 1 , it`s purty much the same as in the pic.

102_0031.jpg

Lost #2 somewhere ???

I sit at mine , there 24" wide x 8` long x 36" hi , the shelves are 3/4x8" boards cut from plywood. I can sit & reach to the back , any wider & I`d have to stand to reach the back.

The whole thing is screwed together so if need be I can disassemble & move it !

Weight is important also , during the reloading process ya don`t want the table moving or floppin over.

Found #2 , purty much the same except all presses on this 1& alot more boolits piled on to hold it down !!

102_0032-1.jpg

And finally the tumblers .

102_0033.jpg

pps

Single-Sixer
Rick Courtright said:
pps said:
With that much lead sitting on top of it, why would I be afraid of that?

Hi, pps

W/ that much lead, I'd be more worried the Prop 65 warning sticker police were looking for you! ;)

Rick C

Since my kids help me hand load, I'm surprised CPS hasn't dropped chase on s few pedophiles to bust me for child endangerment for even having the lead in the same house as the kids.

Jimbo357mag

Hawkeye
My bench/table is in the garage and is made up of 2" x 8"s bolted together. Aprox 2.5' x 5' and topped with a soft composite board (can't remember the name of the stuff) that is made from old newspapers and used as insulation board. The table is held up by two pillar type restaurant table stands. The only thing mounted to the table is the loading press. Everything else can be packed-up in a box for when I use the table for building model airplanes or for anything else. Brass and bullets are on metal shelves behind the bench and powder and primers are in the house in a metal cabinet. 8) 8)

000_0011.jpg

Cherokee

Single-Sixer
Here's a couple of shots of my area:

ReloadRm01.jpg

Shelves are all built out of 2x12's and loaded with GI ammo cans below eye level of the Dillon:

Dillon650001.jpg

This is the casting area out in the wood shop:

Smelt-04.jpg