Ruger Redhawk custom stock pics?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

2 dogs

Buckeye
I would like to restock my 4 inch Ruger Redhawk 44 magum. I took the rubber abortions off, and installed a nice set of magma style wood stocks, but Im really looking for something that fills in behind the trigger guard. I dont care for the various rubber grips, nor do I really like the stock grips with the wood panels. Anyone have any ideas? Pics would be appreciated as would links to grip builders. Thanks!

Sheriff

Single-Sixer
Fermin, here's what I did on my 5 1/2'' Redhawk .44mag. It's a Tyler T-grip.

moreplaying021.jpg

They were a little more popular in the '50's and '60's than they are now, but they still fill the gap between the back of the trigger guard and the grip frame w/o adding bulk.

Sheriff

Single-Sixer
It does mine, Fermin. I've used one off and on since '73. Used to get them from Melvin in his little shop on Britton Rd. in Okc. The one picture here is actually for a K frame Smith. They come pistol specific and silver or blue. (Used to come in gold, too, for B B Q wear.)

Fowler

Single-Sixer
I know Brian Peirce just a wrote a article on heavy 44mag loads for the Redhawks in Handloader magazine a issue or two ago. I think he installed some Roper styled grips on his to make them more shootable, especially for those extremely heavy loads.

Issue 265 April-May 2010 in fact...

don3

Bearcat
I like these from Hogue. Much better then the stocks it came with and the rubber Packmayrs I had on there.

DSC04452.jpg

captainkirk

Blackhawk
Sheriff":3hgyaazn said:
Fermin, here's what I did on my 5 1/2'' Redhawk .44mag. It's a Tyler T-grip.

moreplaying021.jpg

They were a little more popular in the '50's and '60's than they are now, but they still fill the gap between the back of the trigger guard and the grip frame w/o adding bulk.

I have one on my 5.5 and love it. I have tried larger grips in the past, but they just didn't work out for me. Best of luck to you, there are plenty of choices out there if you choose to go another route.

captainkirk

2 dogs

Buckeye
Called Herretts, the Ropers are 5 months out!

Adamovitch doesnt make redhawk grips.

Sent Collins a email to see if he will do any.

This is gonna be a pain......

Sheriff, where can I get one of them gizmos meanwhile? Do I need to hunt one for a N frame? Or will the K fit right? Thanks!

Sheriff

Single-Sixer
Fermin, the T-grip is still made in OKC, but I'm not sure who's making them. Melvin passed away several years ago and his little shop on Britton Rd is gone. Their web address is www.t-grips.com

Their listing one for thr redhawk, but mine is an old K frame that I've had for a long time.

2 dogs

Buckeye
How long did it take to get those Eagles?

Thanks guys!

BTW, Barranti is sending me a N frame T grip thingy!

captainkirk

Blackhawk
2 dogs":1a6s375w said:
How long did it take to get those Eagles?

Thanks guys!

BTW, Barranti is sending me a N frame T grip thingy!

I bought some just like those (without the carving) at a gunshow from the "holster and grip bucket" for 10$. If I still had them I would give them to you. Nothing wrong with them, just didn't fit my hand. Might be worth a look around a gunshow or two...

captainkirk

Here you go, a couple from overseas: http://www.nill-shop.com/extra_search.p ... _7=Redhawk

zac0419

Single-Sixer
I really liked the look of those Nill's. After some searching I found them on ebay for a steal. The guy still has some out there. Transaction went smooth, haven't used them yet (still working outside US) but they look good. I've never looked, mine were bought for the 5.5", I'm guessing the 4" is the same.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nill-Griffe-Ruger-R ... 438wt_1139

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Knuckles

Buckeye
I placed an order for a #8 T-Grip from Tyler Mfg. last week. for my 4" Redhawk 45lc

The fella said they're working crazy shifts right now because of the extreme summer heat that they have to deal with at the shop... so I got a 2-3 week window.

BTW, I went with the Mirrored Gold Brass... (BLING!) :mrgreen:

Just ordered me a Simply Rugged holster for it too.

I'll post a nice pic' when I finally get everything.