Ruger No 1 308 availability/desirability

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
Every once in awhile, I search gun-auction sites or the Ruger forum classifieds for a stainless Ruger No 1 in gray laminate in 308 like the one I have. I'm just curious what it's worth, although I have considered selling it in the past.

The point is, I never see them it seems to me. Certainly not on GunBroker. ( Although I haven't checked In recent weeks)

Are these No 1 rifles desirable at this point? Is the 308 caliber desirable in this line of rifles?

RSIno1

Hunter
IMHO a laminate No1 in 308 is the ideal all weather hunting rifle. I wish they did a 308 RSI.
That said the stainless laminates while rare don't seem to be too popular. I picked up my K1V 2 years ago for $800 - I wanted a SS/Lam to add to my meager No1 collection. It sat for sale for almost 2 months with a couple price drops before it hit my gotta have it button.

Single-Sixer
The fact that they have laminate stocks notwithstanding (and those can be replaced), you have to consider just how many stainless steel falling block rifles have ever been produced? With No. 1 prices going skyward, I have to believe these particular No.1's are undervalued and under appreciated. That will change.

RSIno1

Hunter
021 said:
....you have to consider just how many stainless steel falling block rifles have ever been produced? ......I have to believe these particular No.1's are undervalued and under appreciated

+1 - Like the guy wondering if the 41 mag is dead because he doesn't see them often. I think the SS laminated or walnut will also pull a premium in the future just due to rarity.

Let's face it after you buy a No1 you have to add more to the collection.
1 - of each model in any caliber
1 - of each caliber in a specific model
1 - of each model in a specific caliber
Red butt pad vs black pad - my favorite the Pachmayer pad ones when apparently Ruger ran out of the red ones.

akbluz

Blackhawk
I was fortunate to pick up a NIB Ruger No. 1A in .308Win (blued w/ walnut stock) from Numero Uno this Spring after waiting years for one to appear here in Alaska (one never did). I'm really glad to have it.

ruggedruger

Single-Sixer
Thanks.

I hate to say it but I can't afford to have a bunch of guns right now. I'd LIKE to, don't get me wrong, but with us living in a small house hoping/saving to expand a little, among other reasons, I feel like I'd need to sell this to go with a bolt action I'm after. That being said, I therefore also would want to get as much as I could for it...to fund the next one.

I haven't decided yet, though.

Sounds like it will increase in value, though. Maybes hang on and hide it? Lol.