Where have all the guns gone

Help Support Ruger Forum:

NikA

Buckeye
There's good evidence that Ruger manufacturing has been focused on plastic fantastics and black rifles as opposed to SA revolvers for the past 2 years. One day the supply chain woes will shake out and presumably they will be available again, if the bean counters don't determine to current paradigm is permanently more profitable.

gunzo

Buckeye
I've seen shortages before, but this one is different. Folks grabbing up a way wider variety of guns this time around.

Do wide searches & do them often.

It's Saturday & 9 degrees here. First thing that comes to mind is, Road Trip! Google gunshops in a 50 mile radius from your house, just in case you don't already know these things, & drive a big swath today.

Welcome to the forum, & good luck.

contender

Ruger Guru
As noted above,, the current market is focused a LOT on the tupperware types of firearms. Throw in the covid excuses,, the shortages of raw materials, the shortage of deliveries of materials, and the fact that it's cheaper & easier to make & sell tupperware,, many models of firearms are on the back burner.
Ruger is in the market to make money,, and if they can sell 100,000 of tupperware products,, vs 20,000 SA revolvers,, with the profit margin much better on the tupperware,, guess what will be made & sold.

Besides,, they, as well as many others,, suffer from employee shortages due to the whole covid thing. Ruger,, as well as many other gun makers did not even have a booth at the industry SHOT Show,, because of covid.
Hard to build products when people are out sick, or told to stay home if exposed to covid.

So,, you have to HUNT for many models of guns that have been made,, and will be made again,, if things get back to "normal". Because currently,, many are not available.

mistermills357

Blackhawk
I am going to throw in with the guys that said a lot of production is going into polymer guns. Plus there has been a revolutionary upswing in who is buying guns. People who would never touch one are getting them, or 2 or 3 or 4 of them. At least that what I think is going on.

And the AR-15 styles must be selling like hot cakes, I know that if I were scared, an AR-15 would bolster me up with confidence. That rifle with a Security 9, would make a pretty good defense pair.

jack black

Blackhawk
2023 before this gets better.
I prepared years ago for this and continue to do what I do no slowdown at all. Remember some are ANTS and some are GRASSHOPPERS. What are you.

blue2golf

Bearcat
mistermills357 said:
I am going to throw in with the guys that said a lot of production is going into polymer guns. Plus there has been a revolutionary upswing in who is buying guns. People who would never touch one are getting them, or 2 or 3 or 4 of them. At least that what I think is going on.

And the AR-15 styles must be selling like hot cakes, I know that if I were scared, an AR-15 would bolster me up with confidence. That rifle with a Security 9, would make a pretty good defense pair.

I agree, Security 9 and basic AR are a solid choice for someone who is just starting out (and that pair of weapons will still cost around $1000, not including spare mags, ammo and gear).

blue2golf

Bearcat
Wranglers are plentiful. Single Sixes, Bearcats, Blackhawks, etc....non-existent for brand new purchase.

Latest posts