Simply Rugged Shootist

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rick R

Bearcat
Has anyone here tried the Simply Rugged "Shootist" holster for a Ruger Blackhawk?

https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommerce/Shootist-Leather-Range-Holster.cfm?item_id=474&parent=669

I'm looking for something to use at the range or hunting on a 2 1/4" gun belt and it looks promising.

Rclark

Hunter
I have a couple holsters from them and I am a satisfied customer. No I haven't got that particular holster.

Biggfoot44

Blackhawk
Continuing the theme ; Not that holster , but other holsters from Simply Rugged , and always pleased .

Rclark

Hunter
Timely .... I just ordered a left hand 'Shootist' holster for 5 1/2" SAA/New Vaquero and a gunbelt to go with... My old gunbelt was built for a skinny teenager and hasn't fit for many years. Decided it was 'time'. :) My other holsters (for regular belt) from Simply Rugged still are holding up just fine.

Rclark

Hunter
I got mine in yesterday. I like it. Simple but durable. The only thing I didn't care for is the shootist doesn't come with a strap. For range fun or around camp it should be fine, but in the field I prefer to have a strap or even a loop over the hammer to hold in place incase of a spill.

I posted a picture over in the other Ruger Forum as I can't directly post a picture here.

silverback

Blackhawk
There is an option at the bottom of gun selection to add a gun. I would call them as i am sure it wouldnt be an issue.

The el Dorado is gp100 friendly

Latest posts