New Ruger/Marlin lever action 45/70

Help Support Ruger Forum:

blume357 said:
I'll say it looks good except for that big long ugly rail over the receiver.

That 'big ugly rail' is a feature of THAT model, allows for scout scope mounting and was Marlin's most popular model, thus
Ruger put it into production first…

I am anxious to get one and mount a Leupold Scout Scope….perfect for NH moose and bear.

Redhawk41

Bearcat
I'm just hoping they decide to bring back the 1894 chambered in the cartridges that Remington stupidly dropped, such as 38/357 and .41 Mag.

mac66

Single-Sixer
Redhawk41 said:
I'm just hoping they decide to bring back the 1894 chambered in the cartridges that Remington stupidly dropped, such as 38/357 and .41 Mag.

Ruger's CEO already said there will be a 336 in 30-30 and 35 Rem and a 94 in 357&44 mag. The new Ruger/Marlin website lists the 336 in those calibers but no calibers are mentioned for the 94. That leaves the opportunity to offer it in 45LC. I doubt if we'll ever see a 41 mag again. The 45LC is actually pretty popular, not so the 41 mag.

Well the stock is hideous. The lever is useless as it doesn't allow proper operation of the lever. Sort of like wearing XXL gloves if your hands fit in small ones, sloppy. I actually like the rail and put an XS rail on my 1895 GS to allow easy optics mounting. Frankly, I'd be embarrassed to show up around my friends with that Frankenstein.

mac66

Single-Sixer
Jeepnik said:
Well the stock is hideous. The lever is useless as it doesn't allow proper operation of the lever. Sort of like wearing XXL gloves if your hands fit in small ones, sloppy. I actually like the rail and put an XS rail on my 1895 GS to allow easy optics mounting. Frankly, I'd be embarrassed to show up around my friends with that Frankenstein.

I and I suppose most other people like the big lever or they wouldn't be offering it. I don't see where it would affect the operation of the lever. Better for it to be too big than too small to get a gloved hand into which is what it's designed for.

The Norseman

Blackhawk
I've shot both the Marlin 1895 SBL Jurassic Park 45-70 and
GBL Blued version 45-70s. Pretty impressive Rifles!

I Reload for the 45-70Govt. Pretty impressive cartridge!

Thank God Ruger bought Marlin to keep an Iconic Firearm
Manufacturer alive. I see that none of the nay sayer's
have done that.

It's on my list.

I suppose Ruger marketed their first Marlin as a product they knew would sell. Some folks can't stand the medium-large loop lever. Only after I bought one did I realize how super easy this lever is to operate.

That's why we have so many choices in firearms. There's not a single product that suits everybody.

And I continue to hope for and expect success in Ruger's resurrection of Marlin.

hpman66

Hunter
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lpxriCVhciA
NEW Marlin 45-70 1895 SBL By Ruger Firearms
Wolf's Prairie Outdoors

hpman66

Hunter
CTD :eek: :shock: :roll: :lol:

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/marlin-.45-70-govt-lever-action-rifle-1895sbl/FC-736676704781.html

Redhawk41

Bearcat
Cheaper Than Dirt is a crime against humanity. I wish people would simply stop buying from them and let them crash and burn.

hpman66

Hunter
WendyZXZ said:
Should be a great offering for big bore lever fans!

When it comes to CTD, you should say: "Should be a great offering for big bored leveraged fans!" :wink: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

chet15

Hawkeye
Hey... looks like Ruger's serial number lookup page also works for their Marlin lever gun!!
Looks like RM0001101 is the earliest serial number shipped so far.
Chet15

akbluz

Blackhawk
I guess I'm a dinosaur but I like blued steel and walnut rifles. I'm so pleased that Ruger managed to save Marlin. I'd love to buy a Marlin.45-70 but I'll hold our for one with nice wood and blued steel.

Nomosendero

Single-Sixer
It is amazing to me that no new cartridge offering or new firearm offering escapes the whiners, regardless if it's good or bad.
But it does provide decent entertainment during TV commercials!!

I have an 1895 standard model with 22" barrel from 1993. I have Leupold VX 1.5-4x on it, not a guide gun but for me it is still handy enough. I would like to see the 1894 models come back, especially in 45Colt or 38/357.

Latest posts