WRANGLER BIRDSHEAD

Help Support Ruger Forum:

G2

Hunter
Well the Single Six Birdshead has been an elusive bird @ 1k +
Now the Wrangler can be had for ~$200

https://ruger.com/products/wrangler/specSheets/2015.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFvQJRqKMIg

You will have to skip the ad after 5 seconds to watch gun blast video/ review.

Three50seven

Buckeye
I just picked one of these up yesterday. The Talo edition with wood grips and DeSantis holster. Overall it's an impressive gun for under 3 bills out the door.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
I have the Talo version as well, I'm not a huge fan of Ruger's birdshead grip on the centerfire guns, but I'm really liking it on this 22 Wrangler! 👍

mac66

Single-Sixer
I wasn't particularly interested in the regular Wrangler since I already have a Single Six but the birdshead grip Wrangle is very interesting to me. AS soon as the SW near me gets them at a decent price in I'm there.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
Fun store can't keep the standard Wrangler in stock much less the birdshead version. I should probably be spending my money on less important things like bills and fuel right now anyway. :roll:

I'm wonder if Ruger is planning to roll out an economy single action centerfire at some point. In fact, I don't think it would be a special trick to turn the existing Wrangler into a .32 H&R or five shot .38 Special. Cimarron, Uberti, et al have no problem selling every $3-400 SAA clone they can get off the boat and I think Ruger could too. Cerakote finish and transfer bar mechanism would make a very practical revolver for the outdoorsman.

I'd imagine the Wrangler's aluminum main frame would take some pretty serious re-examination before being used for centerfire guns. And since that's the main way Ruger has produced the "economy" Wrangler it could be a deal breaker. Guess we'll see.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
.22RF Long&LR = 24,000 CUP
.32 H&R Mag = 21,000 cup

The cyl is steel. I don't see a problem. But Ruger will never make it.

However a better/simpler solution: Ruger single six 32 H&R cyls and barrels can be found for a simple conversion.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
Bunch of peope made their own Wrangler birdsheads swapping the grip frame. The conversions look OK, but these new ones more properly proportioned with the 3.75 barrel.

Speculation about a Bisley Wrangler, a few of those converted. Lipseys seems to be having great success with their Bisleys. Suppose the worst part would be to cast the Bisley triggers and hammers, doubt they would use the current issue steel H&T on a Wrangler.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
I agree, not likely they would use current Bisley H&T. The MIM parts which do not need fitting are one of the ways Ruger can price Wranglers as they are.

But we could. I'd be very surprised if the current Bisley H&T did not 'drop in' the Wrangler. The Wrangler H&T are just MIM parts, the geometry of the action did not change.

Rocdoc

Buckeye
SS6 Bisley H&T will not work together in a Wrangler in my attempts, one or the other works fine, but not both together. I am one of those people who made a Bisley Wrangler. Have a stripped Wrangler cylinder frame to use for grip frame fitting, even in that, no luck. Went with a Bisley Hammer and SS6 trigger. No idea, never figured it out and finished it. Still happy the way it turned out, looks pretty cool to me. I'm a buyer if Ruger will issue a factory Bisley Wrangler.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Hondo44 said:
I agree, not likely they would use current Bisley H&T. The MIM parts which do not need fitting are one of the ways Ruger can price Wranglers as they are.

But we could. I'd be very surprised if the current Bisley H&T did not 'drop in' the Wrangler. The Wrangler H&T are just MIM parts, the geometry of the action did not change.

I forgot to mention: the B trigger will work in the action, but the trigger slot in the Wrangler standard grip frame trigger guard is too short (in case anybody didn't want to use the Bisley grip frame, like me). Lengthening the slot to the front just a bit (preferred) or shortening the front top of the B trigger fixes that.