WRANGLER BIRDSHEAD

This Section is dedicated to the 10/22, 77/22,96/22 Rifles and MK IIs, Bearcats, Single Sixes, and other Ruger .22 handguns

Moderator: Moderators

G2
Hunter

WRANGLER BIRDSHEAD

Post by G2 »

Well the Single Six Birdshead has been an elusive bird @ 1k +
Now the Wrangler can be had for ~$200

https://ruger.com/products/wrangler/spe ... /2015.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFvQJRqKMIg

You will have to skip the ad after 5 seconds to watch gun blast video/ review.
blue2golf
Bearcat

Re: WRANGLER BIRDSHEAD

Post by blue2golf »

Ruger does it again. I doubt this will be the last new version of the Wrangler.
Fishbowl of Bud ma'am.
Three50seven
Buckeye

Post by Three50seven »

I just picked one of these up yesterday. The Talo edition with wood grips and DeSantis holster. Overall it's an impressive gun for under 3 bills out the door.
BULL'S-EYE
Bearcat

Post by BULL'S-EYE »

I have the Talo version as well, I'm not a huge fan of Ruger's birdshead grip on the centerfire guns, but I'm really liking it on this 22 Wrangler! 👍
FergusonTO35
Hunter

Post by FergusonTO35 »

My next gun, going to the fun store tomorrow!
"It ain't who shoots first and it ain't who shoots most; it's who HITS first. A corollary - the sooner you kill that SOB, the sooner he'll quit shooting at you. The ability to hit what you're shooting at trumps all others, and hanging 47 accessories from a cheese-grater forearm and having a 30 round magazine won't help that - practice will." -Rugerforum.com member WWB
mac66
Single-Sixer

Post by mac66 »

I wasn't particularly interested in the regular Wrangler since I already have a Single Six but the birdshead grip Wrangle is very interesting to me. AS soon as the SW near me gets them at a decent price in I'm there.
Redhawk41
Bearcat

Post by Redhawk41 »

I wouldn't mind having a .32 caliber Birdshead Single-7.
FergusonTO35
Hunter

Post by FergusonTO35 »

Fun store can't keep the standard Wrangler in stock much less the birdshead version. I should probably be spending my money on less important things like bills and fuel right now anyway. :roll:

I'm wonder if Ruger is planning to roll out an economy single action centerfire at some point. In fact, I don't think it would be a special trick to turn the existing Wrangler into a .32 H&R or five shot .38 Special. Cimarron, Uberti, et al have no problem selling every $3-400 SAA clone they can get off the boat and I think Ruger could too. Cerakote finish and transfer bar mechanism would make a very practical revolver for the outdoorsman.
"It ain't who shoots first and it ain't who shoots most; it's who HITS first. A corollary - the sooner you kill that SOB, the sooner he'll quit shooting at you. The ability to hit what you're shooting at trumps all others, and hanging 47 accessories from a cheese-grater forearm and having a 30 round magazine won't help that - practice will." -Rugerforum.com member WWB
Ale-8(1)
Hawkeye

Post by Ale-8(1) »

I'd imagine the Wrangler's aluminum main frame would take some pretty serious re-examination before being used for centerfire guns. And since that's the main way Ruger has produced the "economy" Wrangler it could be a deal breaker. Guess we'll see.
I^3
Hondo44
Hawkeye

Post by Hondo44 »

.22RF Long&LR = 24,000 CUP
.32 H&R Mag = 21,000 cup

The cyl is steel. I don't see a problem. But Ruger will never make it.

However a better/simpler solution: Ruger single six 32 H&R cyls and barrels can be found for a simple conversion.
Jim
Ruger single action "collector, accumulator, builder and shooter"
NRA Life
CRPA Life
CRPC Life
SASS Life
SWCA
RCA
Ale-8(1)
Hawkeye

Post by Ale-8(1) »

There might not be a problem, but I'd certainly believe the Ruger legal department would insist on some pretty careful review of the application. :wink:
I^3
Hondo44
Hawkeye

Post by Hondo44 »

It wouldn’t make it past the marketing dept. the 32 market is a niche market as it is. The 327 shoots the 32 H&R already and Wrangler wouldn’t handle the 327.
Jim
Ruger single action "collector, accumulator, builder and shooter"
NRA Life
CRPA Life
CRPC Life
SASS Life
SWCA
RCA
greenmtnguy
Blackhawk

Post by greenmtnguy »

Dang, now I have to add another gun to my search list..this would be a very handy backpacker, plinker