Grip Screws

Help Support Ruger Forum:

MAUSER88

Single-Sixer
Does anyone know where to buy the proper SS after market grip screws for after market grips like these? I found some that were either too long or too short.

Let me know if you can help. Thanks!!

NikA

Buckeye
I take it they have a different thread pitch than the standard Ruger grip screws? My bet is that most hardware supply houses will be able to get you within 1/8" in stainless or brass. What thread pitch and length are you looking for?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Use a stainless Ruger grip screw which is a 6 x 40 thread pitch and adjust the length for grip thickness if needed, they all grips vary.

But unless you change out the brass escutcheons shown, you won't achieve a proper factory matching look, plus the thread will match the screw. And the screw will enter from the correct side. The escutcheons push out and back in.

vacsinglesix001.jpg

jdowney

Bearcat
Those look like some Heritage ferrules and screw I got from Numrich several years ago. I recall it was a smaller screw than Ruger's 6-40. Some of Ruger's screws are smaller too, if you know the pitch and size Numrich might have what you need.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
MAUSER88 said:
OK, Where can I buy these screws?

If you call Ruger (336) 949-5200 they'll send you screws and ferrules/escutcheons free. They don't charge for parts under about $20. They'll likely ask for the serial #s of your guns.

If they're larger than the ones in your grips, the holes in the plastic faux pearl are easy to enlarge with a drill bit. Use a tapping T handle if you have one and do by hand so the drill doesn't accidentally go all the way thru! Or clamp the drill in a vise and turn the grip. The escutcheons have ridges on the outside so just drill the hole the outside diameter of the escutcheons smaller than the ridges, and press in or glue.

Latest posts