Two pinkie grips for Ruger LCR .38 Special +P

Help Support Ruger Forum:

batuche

Bearcat
Two grips for Ruger LCR .38 Special +P to accommodate the pinkie. Haven't yet tried the Hogue Tamer Cushion Grip without Finger Grooves .
Photos left to right:

1. Original Hogue® Tamer™ Monogrip®, black - Weight 2.0 oz. Flathead fastener. Rubber.
2. Hogue Piranha G-Mascus G10, solid black - Weight 3.15 oz. T10 Torx head fastener. G10. Expensive.
3. Pachmayr Diamond Pro, black - Weight 2.2 oz. T20 Torx head fastener. Rubber. Inexpensive.

Haven't shot with either of the optional grips due to the ongoing ammo shortage, nor have I included dimensions. The weights do not include fastener. Both optional grips are high quality, mount easily, and fit tightly without any noticeable gaps. You will necessarily give up something with either option in terms of size, or weight.

SSl5c7S.jpg

oId9VId.jpg

rR9pT1R.jpg

hittman

Staff member
I use the Hogue Bantam / Boot Grip on my 38 LCR. They don't accommodate the pinky and were about all that was available at the time.

For me they're BRUTAL to your palm when shooting +P loads.

The OEM LCR fingergroove grip just doesn't work for my big fingers. The limited choices of aftermarket LCR grips is a problem with the LCR platform. I've bought a couple of the Hogue G Mascus and agree that they're expensive. Guess I need to try the Pachmayrs.

I sure wish Ruger had come out with an aluminum alloy framed SP101 instead of the homely LCR series.

batuche

Bearcat
My opinion on these two grips are that the Hogue G10's cry out for grip tape, which I have applied, and it helps. These are the better option of the two for pocket carry. They will not provide any recoil cushion, but my intention is to carry with Buffalo Bore Standard Pressure Short barrel, Low Flash Heavy 38 Special (non +P), but haven't had the opportunity to test yet as I have a limited supply of ammo.

The Pachmar grips are by far the most comfortable for me, I also have them on my SP101 3" and really like them & would keep them on if the pistol stayed in the house. I would expect them to be as good if not better at recoil cushion than the originals.

unionprez

Single-Sixer
I've always been a Hogue user, but I tried the Pachmayr Diamond Pro grip on my LCRx .357 3". After trying it out, I immediately ordered another one for my LCRx .38 Spec. 3". Great grips and not too expensive.

Tracker1

Bearcat
I have the Pachmayr Diamond Pro grips on my .357 SP101 and have been very pleased with their size and recoil absorption.

Buck Smith

Bearcat
batuche said:
Two grips for Ruger LCR .38 Special +P to accommodate the pinkie. Haven't yet tried the Hogue Tamer Cushion Grip without Finger Grooves .
Photos left to right:

1. Original Hogue® Tamer™ Monogrip®, black - Weight 2.0 oz. Flathead fastener. Rubber.
2. Hogue Piranha G-Mascus G10, solid black - Weight 3.15 oz. T10 Torx head fastener. G10. Expensive.
3. Pachmayr Diamond Pro, black - Weight 2.2 oz. T20 Torx head fastener. Rubber. Inexpensive.

Haven't shot with either of the optional grips due to the ongoing ammo shortage, nor have I included dimensions. The weights do not include fastener. Both optional grips are high quality, mount easily, and fit tightly without any noticeable gaps. You will necessarily give up something with either option in terms of size, or weight.
I Have the Hogue G10 Piranha's on mine, feel great and don't snag, Can get 3 fingers on them and they conceal about as well as the factory grips, They do transmit more recoil but I like them.
SSl5c7S.jpg

oId9VId.jpg

rR9pT1R.jpg

Latest posts