French Ruger 101

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Toyman

Single-Sixer
I bought this Ruger 101 that was used by French railway police. I sent for a letter from Ruger and it arrived today.
hPqcSam.jpg

BymjR83.jpg

jimd441

Blackhawk
Nice piece of history, the gun looks to be in great shape. Thanks for sharing.

Jim

The French police used a set of grips made by Trausch. Very difficult to find now. Trausch died around 2012 and his wife had no interest in the business. I have a couple of sets and wish I had more. Really gave a lot of control. You have a nice gun, and as has been said a nice piece of history.

needsmostuff

Blackhawk
My opinion .
Trausch grip is the BEST grip made for the SP series.
Found a couple and is what I use on the 4.2 inchers.

Correct. As I said Jacques Trausch died in 2012 and his wife wasn't interested in the business so just closed it. In addition to the Ruger SP101 they built grips for the S&W K frame and others. I'd love to find a couple more.

Onty

Single-Sixer
Bear Paw Jack said:
Correct. As I said Jacques Trausch died in 2012 and his wife wasn't interested in the business so just closed it. In addition to the Ruger SP101 they built grips for the S&W K frame and others. I'd love to find a couple more.
What is so special about Trausch grips? If you have them, would you please make some pictures and show them to us. Tanks.

Toyman

Single-Sixer
This is photo of Trausch grips on Manurhin model 88. The lip at the top keeps gun from moving in your hand when shooting.
Hx5sCi7.jpg

o8vK6NB.jpg

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Mr. Trausch sent me airmail from France some of the first grips of his in this country. I set him up with Dillon who for a time sold them through Dillons blue press. I also tried to get Mike Venturino to look at them ( he was a neighbor at the time) but he declined to answer my messages. I still have some of his white SP 101 grips and 2 pairs of the only speed six grips in the country as far as I know. One white pair and one black pair. I wanted him to make those for the square butt but he never did. I know he modified one set to fit a customers gun on at least one occasion but there wasn't enough grip thickness over the back of the square frame corner. He also sent me a fabulous french made t shirt that said Trausch grips Paris France which is now worn out and gone unfortunately. He sent me all these grips ( maybe 10 pairs) and the shirt for free so I could help him find reviews with gun writers I knew and distributors like Dillon. I wish someone could have bought his molds and business. I think I sold Bear Paw Jack a couple of my extra SP-101 grips a few years back?

hittman

Staff member
For me, those grips were perfect for shooting 357 loads but 100% horrible for conceal carry ….. too big, too sticky.

That said, I still regret selling them.

holdstill

Bearcat
If anyone wants to sell their trausch grips for an sp101 let me know. What do you think is the value of a new set if you can find them?

hittman

Staff member
holdstill said:
If anyone wants to sell their trausch grips for an sp101 let me know. What do you think is the value of a new set if you can find them?

Whatever they ask and whatever you can afford.

Latest posts