Birdseye Maple Grip Blackhawk

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BDM1

Single-Sixer
The video/picture didn't post, but i would like to see it, i bet they are nice.

Joe S.

Hunter
Maybe this is what the OP wanted to show?

https://ruger.com/products/newModelBlackhawkConvertible/specSheets/0333.html

Very nice. I have inquired about purchasing those nice grip panels as loose parts.

Does anybody else think that gun appears to have a fine matte finish instead of polished?

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I really like the appearance of the maple wood. I have some spalted maple and white pine grips, nice contrast but I have them on stainless guns.

:?: But it is a standard production Blackhawk in all other features. Even the ad copy is cut-n-paste from a "regular, plain vanilla" Blackhawk. Of course, a 5.5" Blackhawk convertible is a fine choice, but is Ruger now calling every one-screw grip change a new & unique model number :?:

Good question, Sam. That's why I wonder about the finish. If it is in fact a matte rather than polished it might -- might -- warrant a unique model designation, in spite of the "c-n-p" ad copy, with the maple panels just an additional feature. Dunno.

Got a response from Ruger regarding the grip panels . . .

"Unfortunately, this model is a distributor exclusive and the grips are not for sale."

Perhaps they'll show up later on the "used" market.

Ale-8(1) said:
Very nice. I have inquired about purchasing those nice grip panels as loose parts.

Does anybody else think that gun appears to have a fine matte finish instead of polished?

I agree, looks like a matte finish. One thing on a low priced gun, but I doubt this gun is low price, any more than the 45 4" convertible brought out recently.

smith1961

Blackhawk
LSCG said:
Meh, if you already have the Blackhawk save yourself some money and just get a set of Birdseye maple grips for it.

EXACTLY!!!

These distributor exclusives are getting to a little bit of a stretch nowadays. I mean the .41 Vaquero I've been crying about would be much more "exclusive" than this Talo joke............

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
MSRP is 825. MSRP for a standard Blackhawk is $749. So $124 for a set of birdseye grips with factory Ruger medallion. I don't think that's too bad, especially when there will be a significant price reduction in real life.

LSCG

Buckeye
SteelBlue said:
MSRP is 825. MSRP for a standard Blackhawk is $749. So $124 for a set of birdseye grips with factory Ruger medallion. I don't think that's too bad, especially when there will be a significant price reduction in real life.

yeah but just how well are those grips going to fit? if it's anything like what they've been putting out the last 15 years then chances are they won't fit very well. and just how much birdseye figure is going to be in the grips? some might have a lot but I bet some will be rather plain.

Birdseye like this can be hard to come by.

exzvuxPh.jpg

98UyvvUh.jpg

depending on the maker you could have a set fit to your grip frame for not a lot more $. and you'd get to see the blanks before hand and insure they're worth what your paying.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
Well, I doubt you'd sell those grips for $124. If you like birds eye maple, the additional price for the gun is negligible.

LSCG

Buckeye
SteelBlue said:
Well, I doubt you'd sell those grips for $124. If you like birds eye maple, the additional price for the gun is negligible.

Fit to a customers grip frame? No, they'd be just a little more. Fit to one of my grip frames and sold? Then yes, the price would be a lot closer to that mark.

If you like the gun then go nuts. All i'm saying is if a person was mostly wanting it for those grips they would be much better off just having a set made to their frame. They'd be getting something they know will fit and look good. with Ruger it'll be a gamble on the fit and grain.

Better yet make your own. Way cheaper and you get the satisfaction of using something you made with your own two hands.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
SteelBlue said:

$124???

You got your numbers jumbled, how about $76?

Hondo44

Hawkeye
You have to order unique parts for a dist exclusive model because only available separately from that distributor.

If it didn't have a new (different) model #, and it's ordered with a standard Model #, you'd receive a standard model Blackhawk.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
Hondo44 said:
SteelBlue said:

$124???

You got your numbers jumbled, how about $76?

Ha, yes did. Even more reason not to dis the price!

Latest posts