High gloss single six info request

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
Hi Guys and Gals,
Was wanting info on high gloss single six pistols.

I think the code is GKNR-5. Are these rare? I got one from a member here a few years ago but understand they were made before so mine is part of a second run. I may be off base but let me know what you can.

Thanks,

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Per RENE } GKNR-5 & GKNR-6, Known serial number range, 262-87067 thru 263-39160. 500 to 600 of each made. Very Scarce!
Terry

There are some Rare "D" guns also.
Terry

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
roylt said:
mine is a 268-xxxxx serial?

What value? 600?

With a 268 prefix which would make it a fixed sight revolver, your gun would be a GKNR-5F not a GKNR-5.

Around 2,600 made, With out nailing the serial number down and seeing pictures its hard to put a blind value on it, LNIB to NIB - $500.00 to $650.00
Terry

roylt

Hunter
Yeah, I guess it would be call a Vaquero really huh.

Thanks Terry,

chet15

Hawkeye
Also, all stainless Vaquero style Single-Sixes were high polish.
But the stainless guns in themselves are scarce because probably 85% of all production was blued steel.
Chet15

steelshooterco

Single-Sixer
Think the one that is more scarce is GKNR-4F, if you had a D stamped one of those and could pair it up with the other serial number, now that would be something.

Likely don't exist, but if they did, one of the rarest new models out there!

Hondo44

Hawkeye
roylt said:
Yeah, I guess it would be call a Vaquero really huh.

Thanks Terry,

Those in 32 Mag were actually marketed as the Vaquerito (little cowboy) by Ruger.

VaqueritoBrochure.jpg

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
steelshooterco said:
Think the one that is more scarce is GKNR-4F, if you had a D stamped one of those and could pair it up with the other serial number, now that would be something.

Likely don't exist, but if they did, one of the rarest new models out there!

This GKNR-4F is the lowest serial# of the 4 known, and its consecutive mate is a Bisley KRB-24FW,, :shock: . I don't think there are any "D" marked guns out there.

Two of the other GKNR-4F revolvers are consecutive to one another, but I don't think they are in the same collection. Ultra Rare revolvers no matter how you look at them, I consider them the "Holy Grail" of NM Single-Six's.
Terry