Plum SS for sale on Gunbroker

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Saw this about two weeks ago and decided to watch how the bidding went. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=453557983
The 'starting price' WAS $425.00.It never received one bid. I checked this morning and no one had bid and time had expired. The seller re-listed it...this time with a $375.00 starting bid.

Ruger45

Blackhawk
Guess I am gonna have to bid on that one. Shipping is gonna kill me though. If I drive any where near Rochester my wife is gonna make me get her Lobstha for dinner. :D

Ruger45 said:
There bid on. If it goes over the 375 opening price someone else is gonna own it. LOL
As I said...I watched but didn't bid. Unique but not 'special' and not worth more than his present 'starting' price. I AM going to keep watch and see how the bidding goes this time around.

Ruger45

Blackhawk
It is at the top of the price range. Was thinking the drive to pick it up would save the 25 bucks in shipping but he wants to run it through his dealer. Which puts it back up to the 400 mark. Kinda hoping I get out bid LOL

street

Hunter
If this gun will letter as a non-convertible, then it is somewhat rare!!!!! It would be nice to see if the front of the cylinder has the last 3 numbers scratched on it. :wink:

Ruger45

Blackhawk
street said:
It would be nice to see if the front of the cylinder has the last 3 numbers scratched on it. :wink:
I have a feeling I will be able to tell you in a week or so. :wink:

Ruger45

Blackhawk
Fox Mike said:
Ruger45 said:
There bid on. If it goes over the 375 opening price someone else is gonna own it. LOL
Looks as though someone else wants it. :wink: I see it is now up to $380.00
I am thinking someone is looking out for me on this one. :D

Ruger45 said:
Fox Mike said:
Ruger45 said:
Looks as though someone else wants it. :wink: I see it is now up to $380.00
I am thinking someone is looking out for me on this one. :D
As I said, in another post, that you have to pick a price that is YOUR top bid and stick to it. I see it has jumped to $385.00 now.

OK, I looked at it again.

Dang, that's a pretty one. Ya don't see many Single-Sixes with that much plum very often. Yeah, it appears to have a little rub spot on the left recoil shield, but . . .

This is one of those times when, immediately after the bidding closes, ya think "Geeze, it's only money . . . "

BTDT

;) :roll: :wink:

Some many years ago I worked with an auctioneer and learned when to bid and when to sit back and watch others spend their money. It has served me well over the years. The question one must always ask yourself is..."What is it worth to ME?" Pick that figure and NEVER exceed it.

Fox Mike said:
Some many years ago I worked with an auctioneer and learned when to bid and when to sit back and watch others spend their money. It has served me well over the years. The question one must always ask yourself is..."What is it worth to ME?" Pick that figure and NEVER exceed it.

Good advice, particularly if it's on stuff that isn't a real need. Yes, I know, "need" doesn't really apply to toys, but . . .

My point is that many of us have found ourselves in the position of thinking (after an auction ends or we have left the gun show) "Gee, we were only $50 (or whatever) apart there. This time next year would I miss that amount, particularly if I had brought home the (whatever)?"

Decisions, decisions.

;)

chet15

Hawkeye
Did anybody ask the seller if it has an "S" stamped on the bottom of the frame ahead of the trigger guard. There's quite a few "S" guns known at that serial number range, all because of that color of purple frame.
Chet15

Latest posts