Would you buy an 8 shot 357 magnum Super Redhawk?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

olyinaz

Bearcat
SRH? No, too much steel. An 8 shot 5 1/2" Redhawk? Why yes, I'd like that. Or an 8 shot SBH Hunter, but I'm not sure there's room?

If we're talking SRH then I'd want it to be an 8 shot in 360 Dan Wesson. In fact, that would be a fun gun to commission Bowen or someone to make.

Oly

varminter22

Single-Sixer
No.

Love my SA Rugers. But I'm not a big fan of DA Rugers.

For DA revolvers, I'm a S&W guy (sorry, and hope that doesn't cause grief here!)

The S&W M627 8-shot .357 is GREAT. I use .38 Short Colt (Starline brass) for ICORE, USPSA, and steel plate competitions. The S&W M625 .45 ACP is my first love of DAs, but now the M627 is also a favorite.

WESHOOT2

Hunter
But I sense that most have little or no understanding of the 357 Redhawk's capability when it comes to elevating the handloaded 357 Magnum cartridge.
It should not sacrifice an iota of strength for increased capacity; it is about the strength.

If you just buy ammo it's a bit heavy and big.
If you've had repeated surgeries on both upper extremities that weight seriously mitigates recoil. Gotta love that.

I don't care personally about 'looks'; means nothing, unless we're talkin' girls :mrgreen:

Meeko

Single-Sixer
I wish (ok I have often lusted about it) Ruger offered the GP 100 in a convertible with an extra 9X23mm cylinder. With a 9X23 you could run 9X23, 38 super, 9X21 and 9X19mm. 6 shot with moon clips. It would probably be just as popular as the WC GP 100.

Mtn Biker

Bearcat
Meeko said:
I wish (ok I have often lusted about it) Ruger offered the GP 100 in a convertible with an extra 9X23mm cylinder. With a 9X23 you could run 9X23, 38 super, 9X21 and 9X19mm. 6 shot with moon clips. It would probably be just as popular as the WC GP 100.

Convertibles work best in the single actions. Removing the cylinder on a GP100 is pretty tough. Maybe a dedicated 9mm would be cool.

VL

WESHOOT2

Hunter
wish (ok I have often lusted about it) Ruger offered the GP 100 in a convertible with an extra 9X23mm cylinder. With a 9X23 you could run 9X23, 38 super, 9X21 and 9X19mm. 6 shot with moon clips.

I admit, as a 9x19 and 9x21 fan, I would buy one.
Or two :mrgreen:

Logan

Bearcat
I'd buy if they made the frame out of plastic and aluminum, like the LCR. It would probably be more of a Super LCR than a Redhawk. It would give the Smith & Wesson 327 some real competition. Light, but without the expensive scandium.

The Blackhawk Kid

Blackhawk
No! Try to find a speed loader for that'un. I wish Ruger would make The Redhawk in 357 mag as a production gun. I'll take a 5 1/2 inch Stainless, WO & RR. I'd buy a 357 Redhawk! bhk

eveled

Hawkeye
Logan said:
I'd buy if they made the frame out of plastic and aluminum, like the LCR. It would probably be more of a Super LCR than a Redhawk. It would give the Smith & Wesson 327 some real competition. Light, but without the expensive scandium.

I like the way you think, :D

eveled

Hawkeye
Logan said:

I like the way you think, :D

altajava

Bearcat
I would buy an SP100 .357 with a 7 round cylinder and 4 inch barrel in a heartbeat. I have a 686 plus with a 6 inch barrel. That is too long to carry.

stevemb

Hunter
No +1 Why buy a revolver that only needs wheels to be an artillery piece, and then drill itty-bitty holes in the barrel/cylinder. My POV. steve

WESHOOT2

Hunter
+1 Why buy a revolver that only needs wheels to be an artillery piece, and then drill itty-bitty holes in the barrel/cylinder. My POV. steve
This is exactly what I used to think.

I mean, before I got one :shock:

I sense that most have little or no understanding of the 357 Redhawk's capability when it comes to elevating the handloaded 357 Magnum cartridge
I continue to believe this :mrgreen:

Latest posts