M77 Identification ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

abiggdan

Bearcat
I am hoping that i could find someone who knows what gun i have. It is a M77 tang safety... 25-06 bull barrel, no sights, but it has screw holes with plugs for a scope mount out on the barrel . I called ruger they gave me the date of shipment, date of manufacture and the model designation. I can find no reference to that model number ... model number 0761 is what wanda at ruger told me. no more info. trying to figure out for parts ordering .... trigger type.... springs and things. anyone know what this model number means ? thanks.

mcknight77

Blackhawk
golferboy426 said:
I believe any tang safe 77V in 25-06 is considered scarce according to Rene if I read it right. see pg 291 of the first pocket reference

pg 291 refers to non-Liberty, non-Warning rifles. If it is one of those it is scarce, if not, not so much.

:D

abiggdan

Bearcat
thanks guys .... i havnt taken it out of the stock yet but, should i expect the trigger to be any different than a run of the mill m77 ?

abiggdan

Bearcat
it is a 73 prefix.... ruger says ship dat of 4-13-78 it has a warning to read manual before firing just above the ruger name on the barrel .... it is a solid round bolt