RugerForum.com

This is a Ruger Firearms enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent Sturm Ruger & Company Inc. of Southport, CT.
It is currently Tue May 11, 2021 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 7:52 pm 
Bearcat

A while back I purchased a older #1 45-70 for a great price that needed a reblue and stock refinish.I posted on here about about having Ruger do the reblue and got a few responses that they do a great job.Well the rifle was returned today to my local shop and we were all surprised.The reblue was great but they also found that the stock had an interior crack and the trigger assembly had some interior pitting.They replaced the trigger assembly, many of the associated parts, and the stock and forearm.There was no invioce with the rifle so the shop called Ruger and was told "no charge".They did not even charge for the reblue or the return shipping!!!!
I have been a Ruger fan for many years(collector and shooter) and this type service will keep me as a fan for many more to come.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:02 pm 
Blackhawk

It's great to hear about service like this..

I had sent a No. 1 RSI in last year for a polish/reblue on a barreled action that had some extensive pitting to the receiver. They called before they reblued to basically make sure I still wanted the service since the receiver was pitted beyond what I (or they for that matter) knew.

I received the rifle back with the charge for the rebluing service, what I didn't anticipate was the rifle was returned fully stocked with some pretty nice wood, at no charge......

I will always be a Ruger fan !!!!..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:08 am 
Buckeye

Only minor dealings with Ruger service, but they also far exceeded my expectations.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:27 pm 
Single-Sixer

Several years ago I bought a 358 win Model 77 with tang safety and was in a stand hunting with it and noticed it had a crack running from the front swivel stud all the way to the floorplate. I called Ruger and ask them about a stock and they said we will just send you one. This is what I call service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:34 am 
Ruger Guru

Suggests a need for a brief Thank You to the Man at the Top, Mike Fifer. 8) :wink:

Ruger Owners and Collectors Society
RCA Field Rep Emeritus
Minn Weapons Collectors
Colt Collectors' Assn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:03 am 
Bearcat

I also have to praise their service. I recently bought a Ruger Gunsite Rifle and misplaced the scout mount and screws. I called about getting a replacement and they just asked for my name and address. A week later I had a new scout mount and screws," No Charge". That's what I call service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:47 pm 
Bearcat

I bought an old police issued Mini 14 GB several years ago and had the firing pin break on me after my second outing. I sent the rifle in to be repaired, fully expecting to pay shop and parts fees. About 2 weeks later it returned to my doorstep and the invoice said "no charge". They replaced the firing pin, repaired the bolt, and also installed a new gas piston and bushing. The rifle shoots great!! They have made a lifelong customer out of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:47 pm 
Hunter

I picked up a 1A recently that had the quarter rib butchered with a dovetail filler. I can't even fathom why somebody would do that since the filler piece was bigger than Ruger's dovetail and in the white so it didn't even match. Anyway, I called Ruger and they said send it in. I got it back with a new rear sight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:00 pm 
Single-Sixer

Damn I love reading these experiences!!! I've been a ruger fan but I have never had any dealings with them personally.
They make me proud to be a Ruger fan!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:25 am 
Single-Sixer

Stories like this are one reason why I keep buying Ruger. I have never had to send anything in to them myself, but someday ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:26 pm 
Single-Sixer

I bought a 1973 SS convertible. It looked almost unfired but when I tried it, I couldn't hit a piece of office paper @ 7yds. Both cylinders the same.

I sent it into to Ruger, on a Friday to get it fixed. It came back the next Tuesday with both cylinders replaced and timed in, a new hammer trigger, sundry other parts and a test target. No charge!

Took it down to the range and it shot some nickel sized groups @10yds!

By comparison, during the time the SS left and returned,I had been trying to get a prepaid label from S&W to return a 686 for service for two weeks.

It's almost worth taking a perfectly good Ruger pistol and sending it in to their service dept just to see what you get back. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:55 am 
Buckeye

meshugunner wrote:
It's almost worth taking a perfectly good Ruger pistol and sending it in to their service dept just to see what you get back. :)

That would no doubt kill the golden goose. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:57 am 
Buckeye

meshugunner wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:45 pm 
Hunter

I have nothing but excellent service from Ruger. Recently sent my P345 back to align the front sight. Ruger not only corrected the sight but installed a new barrel!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:49 pm 
Single-Sixer

Blackmore wrote:
meshugunner wrote:

Yes of course. It was meant in jest as a backhanded way of saying that their service is so good that it might even improve a fully functional weapon.