So Wha Else Do You Collect?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

David LaPell

Blackhawk
So what else do you have that you collect? I remember as a kid collecting Matchbox Cars. I wish my parents had kept them considering what some are worth. I had hundreds of cars. I got an allowance of $3 a week for helping out, and since they were cheap, I would usually get three cars or at least one. Birthdays, Christmas was filled with tons of these things. I had all the cases and an wooden packing crate filled with those cars.
I have a few cars now, but they are bigger and have more significance. I have a couple of S & W cars, but a few more. I have a 1/24 Crown Vic that was our first formal transport car (we had three) with our department, the new ones are blue and I am some day going to have one of those done. The white diplomat is identical to the car my father had growing up in Rouses Point, NY. The department was so laid back that I remember going with him to get the car, and watching him put the decal, just a simple seal, on each side of the car in our driveway. it was like Mayberry, I remember during the summer going with him on calls, not that we had alot, but I remember a couple of really good brush fires. Can you imagine doing that now? I was only 6-7 years old! In the middle case are a couple of my older cars. The red Thunderbird is very special, its the only car of my original collection I still have, it was given to me by my grandfather at my birthday when I was only around 6 if I remember right. The Ford Bulletnose is my favorite car. The #40 car is a gift for my son, along with the black Studebaker to get him started with.

diecastpolicecars.jpg

diecastcars2.jpg

diecastcars.jpg

Smithcars2.jpg

Smithcars.jpg

Coogs

Maximum
Militaria.........U.S. and foreign, Civil War through Current, Roseville and McCoy pottery, antiques...........and just about anything else that catched my fancy. Coogs.

A

Anonymous

Old jazz and big band music on CD. Benny Goodman ("The King Of Swing") is my favorite. I have nearly every record he ever did (58 year career), and a good bit of his radio and V-Disc work.

My collection runs from 1917 with the first jazz records by the Original Dixieland Jazz Band, to the late forties. Some of Mr.Goodman up into the 70's. I have some actual 78 rpm records, and some are framed. Lots of books on the music, too.

oregon73

Blackhawk
I collect USA-made knives--usually Case, but some Bucks, Gerbers, and Schrade also. My true love is firearms, but knives are a close second. Other than that, don't really collect anything.

Bkat--very poetic!

Rob

gasbag

Blackhawk
I collect first edition paperback science fiction books. Have around 1000. Mostly authors from a few years back like Asimov, Van Vogt, Clarke, Bear, Hoyle etc. Most were printed in the 40's, 50's and 60's. It is amazing some have survived this long.
I have been reading sci-fi since I was around 10 and never tire of it.

Snake45

Hawkeye
Model cars and airplanes, but I build them myself from kits, I don't buy finished ones.

Oh, sometimes I buy a cheap diecast car, if I find one that has a good shape for the price, and then do some extra trim and detailing and such on it. But mainly the plastic kits.

Car (mainly '60s musclecar) and airplane reference books.

Warren Zevon concert bootleg CDs.

I've posted some of my plastic model cars and airplanes before, but here's some of my cheap (about $10) diecast cars that I've worked on a little:

69Dodge600.jpg

69GTO.jpg

65ChevelleAfter.jpg

66ChevelleAfter.jpg

Boss302.jpg

69Camaro.jpg

68Z28.jpg

68CorvetteAfter.jpg

66GTO01.jpg

Shelf1.jpg