The Elusive SBH Bisley Hunter 45C

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
I just pulled the trigger on one of these - been looking for a long time. It must be one of Ruger's cleanup guns as I bought it from a pretty high volume Lipsey's dealer. They had a couple - both sold in short order - $525 plus all of the associated fees (shpg, CC up-charge, etc.). I'll pick it up tomorrow from my FFL.

How many of the clean-ups did Ruger produce?

Snyd

Single-Sixer
They made 279 of the Bisleys around 2005. I wonder how many more they are making. 525 is a screaming deal. I think I paid 500 for mine (one of the first batch) last year and they were going for 800+ on gunbroker.

It's a great gun, congrats and enjoy!

flatgate

Hawkeye
worthless.gif

Nice find!

flatgate

G2

Hunter
Were up to 324 guns as of late.

Here, You might want to print this off and while you are there get your Official Certificate.

http://www.lipseysguns.com/post/Ruger-Super-Blackhawk-Hunter-Bisley-45-Colt.aspx

Nice Guns you will like it.

RaisinRiverRon

Single-Sixer
Paid $550.00 for my standard gripframe SBH Hunter .45colt last month. My dealer had two Bisleys and two standard gripframe. Just shot it for the first time yesterday. It's a keeper.

Arokcrwlr

Blackhawk
Hmmm, 324 guns total - does that include the clean-ups that are trickling out? No wonder I had such a hard time finding one - been searching for a couple of years and never saw one for a price that I was willing to pay.

Pics forthcoming - I am picking up today from my FFL.

Jeff Hoover

Blackhawk
In my humble opinion, the Bisley Hunter in .45 colt is THE finest hunting handgun Ruger puts out ! I love mine so much, I bought a back-up ! Its been a good gun to me !

mdhunt014.jpg

pahunt020.jpg

elk065.jpg

elk009.jpg

deer013.jpg

psyclone66

Single-Sixer
Great pictures fellers, thanks for sharing them. Reminded me to take some venison backstraps out of the freezer. :D

Matabele

Bearcat
Hey Jeff, thats a great looking holster! Im assuming its a shoulder holster? Mind if I ask who made that and do they have a website?