ATT: Mods "Vito" Can't Sign-In

This Area is For Any Suggestions or Questions That You Might Have.
Pistolero
Hunter

ATT: Mods "Vito" Can't Sign-In

Post by Pistolero »

I received a PM from Vito on another forum, requesting help. He is having trouble logging in. If a moderator will e-mail me I will give you his email address so that you can contact him about it.

Thank you,
Pistolero

NRA Life Member & Whittington Center Supporter
Christians United for Israel
Friends of the Cumbres & Toltec Scenic Railroad, Inc.
Tyrants never come into power promising tyranny. They come to power promising hope and change.
Ale-8(1)
Hawkeye

Re: ATT: Mods "Vito" Can't Sign-In

Post by Ale-8(1) »

Vito has posted here today.
I^3
vito
Hawkeye

Post by vito »

This is very weird. I can access the forum on this device, my IPad, but cannot log in on my PC or my IPhone where I inadvertently logged out several days ago. I suspect that if I logged out here I would not be able to log back in. On my PC, when I click on Login on the Index page, enter my user name and password, and try to login, I get an error message saying I have exceeded the number of attempts, and that I have to solve the Capthcha below. But there is nothing below to solve. How can I fix this? I really value this forum and it is frustrating that I can’t participate from my primary device, the PC.

I also tried deleting rugerforum.com from my bookmarks and then going to it from a Google search, but that did not solve the problem, nor when I deleted all cookies from the computer.
U.S. Army Retired and Vietnam War Veteran
NRA Life Member

-"Those that beat their swords into plowshares will soon be plowing for those that didn't."
hittman

Post by hittman »

Did you delete your browser history on the PC? Maybe that would help.

But you’re right ….. do NOT log off of your current device.
seasterl
Single-Sixer

Post by seasterl »

Same problem with me accessing via iPhone. I’m surprised not to see a thread about locking us out. I still cannot use the forum with cell phone-friendly formatting and thought I was locked out for all the wrong reasons. Then I decided to try again a different way and it worked. I’m afraid many others are also locked out and don’t know how to get back in a different way. I know I have a pending transaction with another member and have lost touch with him. (Terrible!) A moderator should have emails sent to all members describing what has occurred and how to get back in.
hittman

Post by hittman »

If you have a problem getting in now its on YOUR end related to whatever equipment or device you use.
seasterl
Single-Sixer

Post by seasterl »

I’m “in” now but took me a few days to figure out another way. Might be a lot of folks on the forum that might still be trying to use the old way. For example, the way I was using it just gave a message saying my account was suspended. I didn’t think I did anything wrong, but you never know. Here’s what my link to the site kept showing (and still shows before I accessed the site a different way):

Since I only get this when accessing the Ruger Forum, I didn’t suspect the problem originated elsewhere.
Snake45
Hawkeye

Post by Snake45 »

I got the same message off and on for the 24 hours or so the site was down.
There is no evidence that Biden received more legal, legitimate votes from U.S. Citizens than President Trump.

Social Distancing since 1954.

#Barack'sLiesMatter

Steel cuts flesh. Steel cuts bone. Steel does not cut steel. --Stephen Hunter, The 47th Samurai.

We will march on a road of bones. --Hunter S. Thompson.

Sat Cong!
hittman

Post by hittman »

You need to delete your browsing history and clear cache and cookies.

We ALL got that message for 24 to 48 hours while migration to this new software was being implemented. You didn’t figure out a new way to get in; the new software came alive.

There’s 2 or 3 threads on this subject too.
seasterl
Single-Sixer

Post by seasterl »

hittman wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:50 pm You need to delete your browsing history and clear cache and cookies.

We ALL got that message for 24 to 48 hours while migration to this new software was being implemented. You didn’t figure out a new way to get in; the new software came alive.

There’s 2 or 3 threads on this subject too.
Thanks! I overlooked the thread due to the title just called “Obviously..”
R13
Site Admin

Post by R13 »

seasterl wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:57 pm Thanks! I overlooked the thread due to the title just called “Obviously..”
Noted and changed.
- Matt