Whadayatink ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Johnnu2

Hunter
I decided to change the grips on my Uberti El Patron. Got a one-piece set from Eagle Grips that required fitting to my frame; since they charge $135 + shipping gun to them, I decided to fit them myself. Here are the comparison pics:
NEW GRIPS:

OLD GRIPS:

Which do YOU like better?

J.

Johnnu2

Hunter
Robb Barnes said:
I really like the new ones. Giraffe bone, synthetic ivory or what material?

Well Robb, Eagle Grips calls it Kirinite Ivory (they cost $10 more than their famous Ultra Ivory).... I call it 'polymer' when talking to my up-scale neighbor; and plastic when talking to everyone else...:). They charge $130 shipped (a lot of many for plastic, but what isn't 'a lot of money' these days).

The look and feel like plastic from the inside. They are easily shaped/fitted with various grades of sandpaper. I polish them on my drill press using a cloth wheel and white jewelers rouge.

Today, I ordered the 'non-safety hammer and trigger' from Taylor's; I'll probably 'upgrade' this newer model El Patron with the old 4-click mechanism (cost about $88 shipped). Gotta think about it because this gun's trigger is to die for..........It's done; converted back to the non-safety hammer and trigger; four clicks again, and the trigger sits further back in the trigger guard like it's supposed to. Sure looks and feels like a real single action 45 once again.

J

Johnnu2

Hunter
She sure did Splitz.....

43 yrs and 9 months....

Can't say it was FUN, but if it was fun, they wouldn't have paid us for it... :)

J.

Latest posts